No announcement yet.

They turned off my furnace

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whomever the "contractor" was that shut you off needs to be outed in your area on Facebook, Yelp, Twitter, Snap Chat, and whatever other means you have. We live in a digital age, where the out and out liar cannot hide as easily as he used to. Make sure others in your neighborhood know about this scheister, so he will straighten up his methods.

Comment

Originally posted by nkyrental View Post
      Whomever the "contractor" was that shut you off needs to be outed in your area on Facebook, Yelp, Twitter, Snap Chat, and whatever other means you have. We live in a digital age, where the out and out liar cannot hide as easily as he used to. Make sure others in your neighborhood know about this scheister, so he will straighten up his methods.
      I don't believe that is fair. I would not do that based on what I know of the situation from following this thread. As far as we know it is the action of an individual that works for the HVAC contractor, not a decision made my their management. They may have a policy or guidelines in place that employees follow in circumstances like this but we don't know that they were followed 100%, if they exist, or what they say, so pure guess work at this point. If that is what you want to condemn this contractor on, this one instance and only one side of the story and not all the facts, please find any excuse you can to NOT sit on ANY jury if you ever get called, as you will be one of the worst jurists ever.

If you take that knee-jerk reaction and post all over social media that this company is 'bad' because of this one incident you do irreparable harm to them, and you could also be facing a libel suit. If it's deserved that's one thing but know even if you are right that doesn't protect you from being sued for libel, and maybe found guilty.
      "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

----

1/20/2017 - The Beginning of a new Error

Comment

• Mightyservant
        Mightyservant commented
        Editing a comment
        Well put, often information is incomplete to make an accurate judgment in situations like this. Sometimes people choose to believe the worst rather than allow the benefit of doubt.

At minimum I'd let the technician know what happened and judge his response and if it was lacking then contact his supervisor with the same approach and up the chain from there. Maybe there are good reasons or maybe not.

Bob is right. It wouldn't be fair as I don't have all the info the contractor shared with the Property Manager, his paying customer.

I wouldn't hesitate to give a bad review if I had all the hard facts, but I don't. And I know that a bad Yelp review can have a big impact, as I've skipped doing business with companies after reading some. One bad review can cost a company hundreds+ of new customers.

The next best thing is to post the story here. Someone else who encounters the same issue will find these posts in a web search and be more informed on how to handle it.
      Last edited by AverageHomeowner; 12-28-2017, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X