This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 91 BMW 325i air conditioning help

Hi, I have a 91 BMW 325i and had an air compressor and expansion valve installed and still have no cold air. The panel to the a/c and circulation switches has pulled away from a little and the switches themselves do not stay depressed so I have them stuck in with a little piece of toothpick. The refrigerant is full. My question is could the air not be working due to a relay?
    I am not a mechanic just would love some cool air in this heat. Thank you!

Not really the type of HVAC that gets talked about here but maybe you'll get lucky and someone will have an answer for you.

This forum is more about residential and commercial HVAC systems that you will find in buildings, not about automotive AC systems.
    "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

----

Comment

Originally posted by Quge View Post
      Hi, I have a 91 BMW 325i and had an air compressor and expansion valve installed and still have no cold air. The panel to the a/c and circulation switches has pulled away from a little and the switches themselves do not stay depressed so I have them stuck in with a little piece of toothpick. The refrigerant is full. My question is could the air not be working due to a relay?
      I am not a mechanic just would love some cool air in this heat. Thank you!
      So who installed the compressor and expansion device? If that was a mechanic I'm not sure why they could not get the system to work.

As Bob mentioned you might be better off asking on an auto HVAC forum.

******* Note - this could be potential spam as I've found an identical post on a BMW forum. As you see the poster there appears to be in a different location.

https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...2#post30284772
      Last edited by blue_can; 06-26-2019, 03:58 PM.

Comment

yes it could be a relay, a switch, a fuse, a loose wire, or even a bad clutch or something else, I would take it back to who worked on it, and see if they can get to work,
        Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
        attributed to Samuel Johnson
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Working...
        X