Question on Propress tool

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on Propress tool

I'm replumbing a house in PEX. I need to make the connection to the 3/4" copper supply coming into the house. The ProPress PEX to copper adapter would be perfect for that.

I can't tell from the literature if I need a special tool to secure the ProPress fitting to the copper or not. Can I assume it can't be done with a PEX crimper; that I would need a special tool?

Thanks.

Re: Question on Propress tool

It sounds like you are using a manual PEX tool. I agree that using the ProPress Copper adapter is the way to go but, you will need a Pressing Tool to secure the copper adapter. Do you currently own a RIDGID Pressing Tool?

If you have a RIDGID Pressing tool it sounds like you will need a 3/4" ProPress Jaw to complete the job.

Renee Brown
    Product Manager - Pressing Technology
    Renee

Product Manager

RIDGID Drain Cleaning

Comment

go to a good plumbing supply and purchase a "sharkbite" coupling. it will join copper to pex with no tools. it comes in 1/2''- 1'' sizes.

approx. cost 5-11 dollars.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        go to a good plumbing supply and purchase a "sharkbite" coupling. it will join copper to pex with no tools. it comes in 1/2''- 1'' sizes.

rick.

RICK,

I hadn't seen that connector before - just checked the web site, that's really slick.

When you said sharkbite I assumed it was some sort of a barbed connector. I've used brass barbed connectors before with plastic irrigation tubing and they're a pain to slip on...

Comment

rick.

news flash i was at h.d. he other day.

they cleared out the presoldered fittings and replaced them with sharkbite fittings 1/2'-1''

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

I really like sharkbites for temporary use. On stubouts for example I'll use a coupler with a valve to flush and test my work to that stage of the job. Not to sure about long term for example, John Guest fittings are all the rage in reverse osmosis systems, great for the manufacturer, fast assembly but down the road when you need to service the system you better be vigilant about checking for leaks before you leave. I guess the O rings lose plyability (sp) I carry plenty of O rings to rebuild and its very easy but why???? The lastest and greatest is not always so great. I have mentioned this at a WQA trade show to the John Guest reps all I got was a "really wow that's news to me" and a blow off. I deal with it but I use Jaco fittings when I can.

wookie

Comment

news flash i was at h.d. he other day.

they cleared out the presoldered fittings and replaced them with sharkbite fittings 1/2'-1''

rick.
              That explains why all the pre-soldered fitting were marked down at my local Depot...

Comment

Working...
              X