Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
pro press vs sharkbite Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Re: pro press vs sharkbite

    i want to reply to this one

    but not going to do it
    Charlie

    My seek the peek fundraiser page
    http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040


    http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

    new work pictures 12/09
    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

    Comment


    • #32
      Re: pro press vs sharkbite

      shark bits are ok. yeah they are quick, but i dont think they can beat the PP system. We have 2 320-Es and one 100-B, we use them a lot. but most of all we use the newer style, the all copper ones, and not the brass. Saves a lot of time.

      westcoastplumber - you have a great point. You can cut a live (not at full pressure) and still crimp it. no brazing.
      5 Super Wal-Marts down and none to go.

      Comment


      • #33
        Re: pro press vs sharkbite

        I have yet to pick up a Propress. I have heard they have to be recalibrated after 20,000 cycles, is this true? I deal alot with PEX , but those fittings are pretty expensive. As far as Sharkbite stuff , its a great service call generator!!LOLI have been to numerous houses when home owners have tried taking HD employees advice then took the plumber matters into their own hands..Its great..

        Bill

        Comment


        • #34
          Re: pro press vs sharkbite

          Originally posted by BzAuto05 View Post
          I have yet to pick up a Propress. I have heard they have to be recalibrated after 20,000 cycles, is this true? I deal alot with PEX , but those fittings are pretty expensive. As far as Sharkbite stuff , its a great service call generator!!LOLI have been to numerous houses when home owners have tried taking HD employees advice then took the plumber matters into their own hands..Its great..

          Bill

          bill i have handfull of propress tools (1- 100/ 3-320/ 1-400)and shark bite.

          i typically initial and date all of my special repair work. i have yet had to come back to any propress or sharkbite repair.


          if the pipe is proprely prepped, reamed, there is no reason it will fail.

          rick.
          phoebe it is

          Comment


          • #35
            Re: pro press vs sharkbite

            Originally posted by BzAuto05 View Post
            I have yet to pick up a Propress. I have heard they have to be recalibrated after 20,000 cycles, is this true? I deal alot with PEX , but those fittings are pretty expensive. As far as Sharkbite stuff , its a great service call generator!!LOLI have been to numerous houses when home owners have tried taking HD employees advice then took the plumber matters into their own hands..Its great..

            Bill
            Hey Bill, what part of Boston ya from?

            Comment


            • #36
              Re: pro press vs sharkbite

              Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
              Hey Bill, what part of Boston ya from?
              Somerville/Cambridge..are you from Boston?

              Comment


              • #37
                Re: pro press vs sharkbite

                Originally posted by BzAuto05 View Post
                I have yet to pick up a Propress. I have heard they have to be recalibrated after 20,000 cycles, is this true? I deal alot with PEX , but those fittings are pretty expensive. As far as Sharkbite stuff , its a great service call generator!!LOLI have been to numerous houses when home owners have tried taking HD employees advice then took the plumber matters into their own hands..Its great..

                Bill

                Propress has it's uses, it is an excellent tool in a pinch, when the job calls for it. I have posted some good cases of this, where a propress cut the time of installation on a rushed project, or when a system can't be drained and it is an emergency timed shut down.

                Now, where I think that a propress shouldn't be used, would be to re-pipe a house. I know a guy that does all his re-pipe in pro press. I think it is a waste of skill for most of us (not him, he is probably better of using a simple system like pro press)

                The equipment made by ridgid is excellent, it is made well and very durable. The machine does have to be calibrated, but, on the other hand, all machines have to maintained to a degree.
                sigpic

                Robert

                Comment


                • #38
                  Re: pro press vs sharkbite

                  Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

                  if the pipe is proprely prepped, reamed, there is no reason it will fail.

                  rick.
                  Other then the PP crushes (Mechanical Joint) the pipe putting a dimple in the pipe causing the water to eat-a-way at the dimple because of the cavitations being cause with-in the pipe and fitting.

                  the Shark Bite is a Mechanical Joint and will fail in time.

                  I know you don't want to hear it but it`s all true. How long before they fail?? Who knows???

                  You just cant replace the old time tested pipe threaded idea
                  Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 10-08-2007, 06:48 PM.
                  http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Re: pro press vs sharkbite

                    Originally posted by BzAuto05 View Post
                    Somerville/Cambridge..are you from Boston?
                    Ole southie boy here gone to the burbs...you undoubtedly know Mr Sillari, done alotta inspections with him in the last year or two.
                    Alotta old school plumbing in that area.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Re: pro press vs sharkbite

                      Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
                      Other then the PP crushes (Mechanical Joint) the pipe putting a dimple in the pipe causing the water to eat-a-way at the dimple because of the cavitations being cause with-in the pipe and fitting.

                      the Shark Bite is a Mechanical Joint and will fail in time.

                      I know you don't want to hear it but it`s all true. How long before they fail?? Who knows???

                      You just cant replace the old time tested pipe threaded idea
                      Well plumbers,looks like we're cutting out those thinwall copper fittings that we used the tin like solder on and repiping in threaded brass

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Re: pro press vs sharkbite

                        Try another method



                        [IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Phyton/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG]

                        http://www.t-drill.com/t60.html

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Re: pro press vs sharkbite

                          I'm experiencing a strange subliminal urge to buy a T-drill, it's overwhelming, can't fight the urge.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X