Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: No. 227 Inner-Outer Reamer

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
    I didn't notice if anyone asked,how much are you reaming?I have seen someone flare the pipe wth a reamer.

I've seen stranger things

Like a guy snapping my cutter wheel on my Rothenburger 22A cause he was trying to cut a piece of pipe while it was being threaded.

thats nothing Adam, I had a helper 1 time use my ABS cutters and cut 3/4 steel with them, he didn't get the idea until the wheel shattered
    sigpic

Robert

Comment

Honestly Robert , if you use good cuting wheels for any metal pipe with even pressure , you shouldn't need anything except light filing on your outer edge [15 seconds for a 2" galv. thread ].You need the reamer pictured in the link . THat should also take no more than 15 seconds . I don"t take my mach. out for just 3 or 4 joints/threads . Pass on the price of the cutter wheel to your cust. , like you would sawzall blades. Gear Junkie , excellent frickin suggestion about the straight groved reamer . 25 years in the business you would have thought I'd have figured that out , Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by apf View Post
        Honestly Robert , if you use good cuting wheels for any metal pipe with even pressure , you shouldn't need anything except light filing on your outer edge [15 seconds for a 2" galv. thread ].You need the reamer pictured in the link . THat should also take no more than 15 seconds . I don"t take my mach. out for just 3 or 4 joints/threads . Pass on the price of the cutter wheel to your cust. , like you would sawzall blades. Gear Junkie , excellent frickin suggestion about the straight groved reamer . 25 years in the business you would have thought I'd have figured that out , Thanks.

Hmmmm, in my post I stated "he used my ABS "Plastic" cutting wheel to cut steel pipe, he didn't snap until he shattered the wheel" Do you not understand, or do I not understand your post?

I have no problems with my steel pipe, reamers or anything else, all is well with my outer and inner ledges, nothing I cannot handle.
        sigpic

Robert

Comment

Working...
        X