X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oatey #95 seperating?

I have been using Nokorrode flux w/ great results but latey I'm trying oatey #95 to see if it's better. I opened up my 2nd tub and it looked as if it seperated. The silver particles were at the bottom and there was just the flux on top. I stirred it up and had no problems but wondered if anyone else has had this problem.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: Oatey #95 seperating?

Ben, gotta try the Everflux! You will love it. I used everybrand out there, but Everflux is the best in my book. I was working in New Mexico for 6 months, they didn't sell it there, so you may wanna check in VA, they will hopefully have it there for you to try out.

You won't be disappointed
    sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
      Ben, gotta try the Everflux! You will love it. I used everybrand out there, but Everflux is the best in my book. I was working in New Mexico for 6 months, they didn't sell it there, so you may wanna check in VA, they will hopefully have it there for you to try out.

It depends on which version of NoKorrode Gear is using. In California we are required to use water soluble flux, in Virginia this may not be the case.

In my opinion the old standard NoKorrode was the best. The water soluble NoKorrode stinks, and I would agree that Everflux is much better.

Hope I haven't made this too confusing.
      the dog

Comment

Originally posted by plumbdog10 View Post
        It depends on which version of NoKorrode Gear is using. In California we are required to use water soluble flux, in Virginia this may not be the case.

In my opinion the old standard NoKorrode was the best. The water soluble NoKorrode stinks, and I would agree that Everflux is much better.

ps I would not recommend Oatey soldering products.
        the dog

Comment

Originally posted by plumbdog10 View Post

What he said! Except, I have never heard of Everflux. I will promptly look it up on line.

Water-soluble flux is required in VA, but nobody uses it.

Ditto on the Oatey soldering products.

Bruce

Comment

Just ordered 4 tubs of Everflux from my supply house for delivery tomorrow. I can't wait to try it out.

Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
              I have been using Nokorrode flux w/ great results but latey I'm trying oatey #95 to see if it's better. I opened up my 2nd tub and it looked as if it seperated. The silver particles were at the bottom and there was just the flux on top. I stirred it up and had no problems but wondered if anyone else has had this problem.
              to answer your question ben, flux needs to be stirred up to mix the properties. not everyday, but just when it's. sat for a while and in the heat more often.

what robert and dog said i agree 100%.

when we had to switch over to water soluble flux back in 1994-95, i tried the new version of nokorrode. i was so disappointed in it that i called the company. the owner was shocked. he explained to me that the test they did were bench test and not real field test. over the next few months he sent me different samples to test. all of them were junk. nokorrode went from the #1 selling flux here to a flux that you don't see anymore.

everflux so far is the best flux we've found.

propress eliminates flux all together

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

I got the message, I'm looking for everflux.
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Here's a link to the Everflux website:

http://www.wisemangroup.co.uk/html/wiseman_usa.html

Comment

In defense of Oatey overall as a company, I have a few projects right now where the Plaintiff has a problem with some of Oatey's designs. Rather than leaving the Plumber on his own Oatey has offered to meet me in the field to come up with an acceptable repair. That is something many manufacturer's would ignor.

Mark
                    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post

Try Hercules solder in paste form 95 -5 (stir it a lot)

EXPENSIVE but when your soldering over old brass pipe and using a TP adapter this flux does wonders ALSO great for tinning brass floor flanges and Ferrules and soldering coppers. (Irons) when doing lead burning like lead coated copper flashings.

Steam fitters, these guys used this without adding solder to the joint and some of these guys never bothered to even clean the pipe or the fittings and the joints held hot and chilled water.

Comment

I hope you like it as much as we do.

Comment

I have well over a dozen cans of the old Nokorode, that the previous owner of my Dads house left there. It is great stuff, I hope I dont run out.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                            to answer your question ben, flux needs to be stirred up to mix the properties. not everyday, but just when it's. sat for a while and in the heat more often.

what robert and dog said i agree 100%.

when we had to switch over to water soluble flux back in 1994-95, i tried the new version of nokorrode. i was so disappointed in it that i called the company. the owner was shocked. he explained to me that the test they did were bench test and not real field test. over the next few months he sent me different samples to test. all of them were junk. nokorrode went from the #1 selling flux here to a flux that you don't see anymore.

everflux so far is the best flux we've found.

propress eliminates flux all together

rick.
                            everflux is the best flux ..................

Comment

Working...
                            X