X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rehau everloc system

After some good discussions with some very smart people here, I've been taking a good look at the Rehau Everloc Pex system. The standard kit is 600+ and the deluxe kit is 800+ locally. Does anyone know where to get this cheaper? For that price I might as well go Propress(beat you to it Rick). Have any of you used this system before?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: Rehau everloc system

i get all my rehau tooling from one of their sales reps.
    much cheaper than a plumbing supplier.
    the sales rep's theory is that by selling tooling cheap ,more people are using the system.

Comment

Originally posted by Australian Plumber Josh View Post
      i get all my rehau tooling from one of their sales reps.
      much cheaper than a plumbing supplier.
      the sales rep's theory is that by selling tooling cheap ,more people are using the system.

very true. same way i got the wisbro expanders.

rick.

now if they decide to do the same with propress, there would be a feeding frenzy

not going to happen. ridgid doesn't make the copper fittings. just the tool and jaws. now maybe viega will subsidies it

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Is the Rehau Everloc connection system still in use and permitted? I have read a few posts which make me question it. Thanks.

Comment

Everloc fittings are very expensive.

It is a good system though.

It's my understanding that they are only for hydronics though.

$600-800????

Things tend to cost more here, but the last time I checked, my price is like $1300

I rent the tool when I need it, and can get it.

Comment

Thanks for your reply Radar. Do you mean that Everloc connectors are unsuitable for potable water? My interest in the Everloc is because a friend has the installation tool set (and several fittings). I could borrow these and not have to purchase new Pex crimp tools. How can an Everloc fitting be disconnected for re-use, if necessary? Anyone with actual experience with this system? Thanks

Comment

Of all the different kinds of pex systems I have installed I was most impressed with the everlock system, much better than the crimp rings. I was doing two homes a day while doing track housing, but, I still prefer copper over any pex.
              The Other Rick

Comment

you can get the fittings apart to reuse them, but it's not easy.

You have to heat it with a heat gun until the PEX gets soft enough to pull out of the strongest fitting ever made.

The everloc system is not lead-free brass. That is the only reason (that I know of) to not use it for potable.

It's my understanding that Rehau has discontinued all of their potable products (they didn't want to deal with lead-free).

Your local dealer could probabaly tell you more about it.

Comment

Working...
                X