Soldering w/ oxy acetylene

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soldering w/ oxy acetylene

I was giving my new torch a whirl today(thanks Bill) brazing some 3/4" pipe and decided to try soldering with it. I was using a captain's hook tip w/ oatey #95 and silver solder and it worked great. Took 4 seconds per joint. Has anyone tried this? Any disadvantages besides the added cost of fuel? At 4 seconds per joint, it doesn't seem like much fuel is used.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: Soldering w/ oxy acetylene

cost of set-up and weght
    how is it that so many answers are in the instructions

Comment

uh, careful in a tight spot, one little delay getting solder to the joint and you will risk burning the flux, causing a void in the joint.... from experience...

Comment

Originally posted by gfezz View Post
        uh, careful in a tight spot, one little delay getting solder to the joint and you will risk burning the flux, causing a void in the joint.... from experience...
        Agree.
        "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
        John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

O/A will make copper melt like solder if you arn't carefull

Comment

Working...
          X