Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Brazing copper gas line

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
    rick, question, I have yet to run into the copper, I am curious how one would install a EQ valve on a copper line.

I would guess, braze on an MIP and install the valve?? Now you had stated the gas company supply is copper, EQ valves cannot be installed on the service side, but the customers side, so does this mean there is copper going into the house??
    the gas meters are at the curb and the service to the house is copper. the line is underground copper and above ground steel.

as the line turns up, the line is cut to allow the valve and then reconnected to the house line in steel.

just don't try to unscrew the riser from the copper. it will break off

cut the coper and rework it with a new adapter, brass nipple and scotch coat riser.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Re: Brazing copper gas line

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
      Good find OSC,

rick, question, I have yet to run into the copper, I am curious how one would install a EQ valve on a copper line.

I would guess, braze on an MIP and install the valve?? Now you had stated the gas company supply is copper, EQ valves cannot be installed on the service side, but the customers side, so does this mean there is copper going into the house??
      The entire house's gas system is ran in copper under the slab,same as potable water except for the fact that the one that I saw had soldered joints at the slab line.The only reason I was out there was to look where the concrete saw had cut through the copper immediately below the concrete.The thing I couldn't figure out was the 1 1/4 had fittings under slab but everything under that size was manifolded above slab then back down and to specific fixture.

Comment

Working...
      X