X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #770 Adapter stuck in Greenlee Power Threader

We Dropped a #770 Die head adapter into a greenlee power threader (like a Ridgid 700) and it will not come out. I removed it one a year ago and I remember it was simple. But this time I cant remember how I removed it. Any thoughts?

Re: #770 Adapter stuck in Greenlee Power Threader

I remember it jsut being a spring loaded pin, in the head that holds the die or adaptor in, I don't leave mine in the power unit, I am reasonable sure the Greenlee unit is made by Rothenberg, called the mini Collins by Rothenberg

parts list,
    http://www.usa.rothenberger.com/file...Parts_List.pdf
    manual
    http://www.usa.rothenberger.com/file...M_Eng_0406.pdf

If I get time some time to day I will dig mine out and make sure I am correct on that it is jsut spring loaded pin type drive lug,
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

I checked mine and the two pins 180 degrees apart, are jsut spring loaded and are tapered on the edges so they will slide down when a side force is applied to the die holder or the adaptor, and the die or adaptor can be loaded or inserted from either side.

I would try tapping on it with a brass hammer or use a block of wood and hammer and tap on it some, and see if you can get it started, possibly squirting some penetration oil along the side of the adaptor and the holder gear, and see if one of the pins are sticking do to rust or what ever, even thickened gooed up cutting oils could cause some troubles.

now mine is the Rothenberg, Mini Collins not the Greenlee version, but like I said the way I am rembering the pictures of the greenlee 440 units I have seen look like the Mini Collins. (but i have been wrong before ),
      Last edited by BHD; 11-14-2007, 06:23 PM.
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Maybe you need to swear at it more
        INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
        Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

While not the best this eBay add shows a Greenlee 440 with several Ridgid heads. Maybe the seller would have some clues.
          http://cgi.ebay.com/Greenlee-Porta-T...ayphotohosting

Comment

Working...
          X