X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for ridgid 1210

i was looking a ridgid 1210 pipe threader for sale or the best place to pick one up at in northern ohio for a good price. thank you

Re: looking for ridgid 1210

Elyria is pretty far north,but you already know that

Comment

I was looking into picking a 1210 up or there a cheaper way that i can go.i only will need it to thread 1 " pipe on the job for gas lines. i have used the 1210 and have had problem with breaking teeth but i like the oil less. what one would better beat for this little work .thank you
      Last edited by jimang22; 11-15-2007, 11:02 PM.

Comment

I have a question, are you a licensed handyman? Are you doing 1" lines for a general contractor or another licensed plumber?
        sigpic

Robert

Comment

or is there a better way to go to do 1" on the job at a house.for service lines so i real dont use it that much. thank you

Comment

I am licensed to install service lines. why do you ask

Comment

Hmmm, Just curiouse...If your certified, use PSII trac pipe, better then buying a threader, but if you want a threader, ridgid is great, but I would go for a rems, amigo 2, simply because it with thread over scotchcoat.

Sorry ridgid, but when I use yours, I gotta peel the scotch to thread.
              sigpic

Robert

Comment

What's scotchcoat
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Coated gas pipe for underground instalation.

It is mostly phased out on long runs due to the P.E. pipes flexibility,price and ease of instalation.We still use it on short runs.
                  Last edited by drtyhands; 11-16-2007, 09:50 PM.

Comment

You guys would despise running underground gas in my state...hehehe.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                      What's scotchcoat
                      Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                      Coated gas pipe for underground instalation.

It is mostly phased out on long runs due to the P.E. pipes flexibility,price and ease of instalation.We still use it on short runs.
                      I prefer not to use scotch coated pipe here. I've come across too many leaks where major corrosion has taken place after only several years, this is where the scotch coating was removed to thread the pipe, then 10 mil tape was used to re-wrap it.
                      That black iron pipe just doesn't cut it in this Island environment with salt air. The way I look at it, the ocean evaporates into the air, then when it rains, it's raining salt water (less concentrated than the ocean).

A lot of guys still use it though. Job security for me I guess. I can't do that to my customers, heck, I might as well us galvanized pipe for water lines,LOL.

I use just plain ole galvanized pipe and wrap it all with 4" x 10 mil tape with the threading machine. Wherever a joint occurs, I wrap it with Scotch Super 33 3/4" electrical tape first, then follow up with 2" x 10 mil tape. Just my way of hopefully preventing any moisture getting into the joint area.

Tracy
                      sigpic.................I Love My Toto Bidet :twofinger2: :twofinger:

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
                        You guys would despise running underground gas in my state...hehehe.

I agree, I have had the pleasure to speak with duck about his last gas job, no fun, all sleeved in PVC, they haven't invented scotchcoat over there, or they don't use it due to overly corrosive soil??

sigpic

Robert

Comment

Not to mention that volcanic soil tends to be acidic to begin with...

Comment

When you guys tape over pipe and fittings(1"x10mil)for plyability on fittings,are you using "pipe wrap primer",that buffalo snot looking stuff that is best described as contact cement on steroids.Without it I can see the elements getting through the tape only.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                              When you guys tape over pipe and fittings(1"x10mil)for plyability on fittings,are you using "pipe wrap primer",that buffalo snot looking stuff that is best described as contact cement on steroids.Without it I can see the elements getting through the tape only.
                              To me, the 1"x 10mil is a little to stiff, that's why I choose to use Scotch Super 33 3/4" electrical tape first which is much more pliable. Then I follow up with 10 mil tape.

I need to look into this "pipe wrap primer".
                              Is this the same stuff that is used on those PVC Poly shower pan liners?

Tracy
                              sigpic.................I Love My Toto Bidet :twofinger2: :twofinger:

Comment

Working...
                              X