Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lenox Mobile Torch System

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
    While on a 4th floor walkup bathroom remodel last week, my B tank falls over and scratches the new tub
    I carry a "magic eraser" by mr. clean for this. As long as the scratches aren't to deep and just scuffed, the eraser will take care of them.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Thanks for the tip, I'll have to pick one up.

What did you end up doing about the tub Bill?
      Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron91 View Post
        Thanks for the tip, I'll have to pick one up.

What did you end up doing about the tub Bill?

Um..nothing looks like the tile guy might have scratched it That's my story and I'm sticking to it

Seriously, I keep a white enamel touch up bottle on my truck. About $12 I think. Those steel tubs are scratched sooo easily. The bottle has a useful lifespan of 3 months after you open it. Beyond that it's hard as a rock.

Comment

Most of us use the Turbo-Torch STK-9 with mapp 95% of the time.$50.00 that's it.B-tank for silver soldering or 2" and up.

Buckets and long hair baby.Got no times for digging through a bag and I'm making an investment in a future combover.
          Last edited by drtyhands; 02-10-2008, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Looks like i'm crossing this purchase off the list, carrying my heavy mc tank along with my fire extinguisher in my metal box. 60 pounds I'm sure...

Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

today i was using my torch and some solder fell into it, the first time this has ever happened to me the torch head caught on fire. it was glowing red right away and there was a small flame coming out of the threads where the tip screws on to the rest of the main tips/handle, the brass peice. the solder blocked 2 of the 4 passage ways so there should have not been this much backpressure, and the tip was tight. if i can put up a pic i will, but im not impressed. a new tip is 95.00 half of a new complete kit, i think i will go back to a hand torch if this is the crap im paying for.
              how is it that so many answers are in the instructions

Comment

That is terrible. Looks like I have avoided another tool I would have wasted my money on.
                Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyman View Post
                  That is terrible. Looks like I have avoided another tool I would have wasted my money on.
                  I was thinking the same thing...actualy the small storage space turned me off....but was still on the humm maybe list.

Guess its off the list now...bummer.

Comment

wow, saved me from buying one, I see it every time I walk into the supply house, I am glad I waited!!

Appreciate you sharing, thank you!
                    sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
                      wow, saved me from buying one, I see it every time I walk into the supply house, I am glad I waited!!

Appreciate you sharing, thank you!
                      Robert,Are you telling me you crawl underneath your houses with a b-tank.

I thought you already had the stk-9.Dude I'm going to take you on a little drive.1 supply house and three shops representing hundreds of installers.All of em use torbo out here.

Comment

Hilti makes a wire brush(looks like a fitting brush, only smaller) for their dx series that cleans these torches perfectly. First time I tried this, I couldn't believe how much crap came out of the tip. The flame was a lot better.
                        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

still waiting on my new tip to come

Comment

still no tip

lennox announced a recall today on this kit. faulty tips,hosed,ignitors,gasleaks, the worst lenox tool evermade.

Comment

Originally posted by proplumb View Post
                              still no tip

lennox announced a recall today on this kit. faulty tips,hosed,ignitors,gasleaks, the worst lenox tool evermade.
                              need more info please...... website?

I have one

Comment

this has no been posted on the lenox website, i checked under the media area and they dont realease saftery recalls to the public. what is happening is
                                1. hoses break at the joints
                                2. tips wont light
                                3. gasket at the brass tip leaks and starts a fire 9mine went poof0
                                4. handle release from the coupler on their own

so things are not looking so well for us... they are supposed to be shipping new units out on the number of sales per store.

i dont know what the wait will be like hopefully soon i dont have a good backup torch. i hope the new tips are larger as well, ill keep posting as i knoww more, let me know if they are recalling wher you are too

Comment

Working...
                                X