propress to sweat joint

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• propress to sweat joint

has anyone had any experiences on how close you can propress a fitting next to a sweat joint

Re: propress to sweat joint

can you solder the joint first? if so just remove the o-ring first.

if you need to press it first, then keep the o-ring and socket cool.

are you asking how close you can press to a soldered joint? i know there is a table that shows how close you can crimp on back to back fittings. this all depends on the joint size.

clarify and i'll try to answer.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

i am cutting in an 1 1/2" tee next to a 90. the old gate doesn't hold good enough to solder. i cant shut the water off (healthcare facility). i am pretty tight on space, so i was wondering how close i could safely put the tee next to the elbow.

Comment

there is a little crushing/ deforming that goes on with pressing. more so in the 2'' than the 1.5''. i would try to keep at least 1.5'' away from the soldered joint with the leading edge of the fitting.

you are not soldering, so i'm not worried about the o-ring, it's the deforming that i would be a little concerned about with the soldered joint.

there is a propress table that tells you how close you can put 2 propress fitting from eachother, but it doesn't apply to a soldered and propress fitting.

this would be a good one for the tech staff at ridgid if you can get them to respond or call them. myself, i would keep it as far as you can.

what would that distance be?

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
        X