Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SUPERIOR UltraCut Cordless Tubing Cutter???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SUPERIOR UltraCut Cordless Tubing Cutter???

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
    LIES!!!!!

No-one can cut that straight with a sawzall,you used a chop saw.
    Thanks Adam, that's a great complement, especially from someone like you. Now if Robert had said it..........
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Impossible to cut straight at all times with a sawzall. The pipe does not seat in the fitting correctly if not cut straight. This will cause bad/ weak joints.

Also the little burrs will wear out your sand cloth.

A Sawzall is only an approved cutting method for hard to get to spots.

If your too lazy to use pipe cutters, maybe you should be an electrician.

Comment

You just have to get better with a sawzall. Have you ever tried it? Since you brought up electrician, do you know how to cut conduit without having to ream it afterwards?

I will say that a sawzall is not the best thing for short pieces of pipe. I would use a tubing cutter for the short piece.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Back to the UltraCut... IMHO, they're junk.

I bought one when bLowes had one of their commercial offers on it. It looked OK, so I charged the battery and fired it up. Like a previous poster said, it makes a racket which immediately alerts you that it has a cheap Harbor Freight feel too it, especially the rotating cutter assembly that a flimsy feel to it and components with wide tolerances.

After getting a pipe stuck in it, I had to half disassemble it and realized the female threads weren't really designed for maintenance--simple white metal without any threaded inserts. Realizing this was a bad investment; I carefully repackaged it and brought it back to bLowes for a refund.

Sorry, but this thing wreaks of a cheap Chinese toy...

Comment

A guy on my crew had one, I wasn't impressed. It was taking him 2-3 tries to get one good cut. Eventually I made him go back to a tubing cutter because he was spending too much time screwing around with it. It's another example of a good concept poorly executed.
            the dog

Comment

Working...
            X