Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
SUPERIOR UltraCut Cordless Tubing Cutter??? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • SUPERIOR UltraCut Cordless Tubing Cutter???

    I stumbled apon this while looking for a new tubeing cutter at Lowes web site.....did some searches..seems to retail around $120 ish.....few on e-bay....seems to only work on 1/2 and 3/4" hard drawn copper....no hvac tubeing...

    Ill post the web link.


    Anyone seen one of these thing?? Tried one??

    http://www.superiortool.com/UltraCut/35278.htm

    "
    The first real breakthrough in cutting copper tubing in a century. Automatic operation makes a tedious job simple. Long handle reaches awkward spots. If that were not enough, we also introduced the technology that made it possible creating a new category of tools and appliances, AnyFuel™. AnyFuel™ makes possible cordless tools where there were only corded or hand tools before. For the first time, cordless tools can give professional results because of AnyFuel™. "

  • #2
    Re: SUPERIOR UltraCut Cordless Tubing Cutter???

    Saw one a few years ago at a plumbing expo. It's great for production work or limp wristed plumbers

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: SUPERIOR UltraCut Cordless Tubing Cutter???

      I'll stick with a sawzall.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: SUPERIOR UltraCut Cordless Tubing Cutter???

        i love the idea, i want a pipe prep machine with cutter,reamer,and fitting brushes, but wont spend 1400.00 that ridgid wants get real
        how is it that so many answers are in the instructions

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: SUPERIOR UltraCut Cordless Tubing Cutter???

          Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
          I'll stick with a sawzall.
          are you a butcher at least use a pipe cutter

          it looks like a good idea if you have a lot of cutting to do
          Charlie

          My seek the peek fundraiser page
          http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040


          http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

          new work pictures 12/09
          http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: SUPERIOR UltraCut Cordless Tubing Cutter???

            Originally posted by HVAC HAWK View Post
            are you a butcher at least use a pipe cutter

            it looks like a good idea if you have a lot of cutting to do
            if he is a butcher then you dont know what you are talking about. if you use a sawzall the inside of the pipe is not compressed thus it reqires no reaming. there are slight burrs which come off with your grit cloth
            how is it that so many answers are in the instructions

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: SUPERIOR UltraCut Cordless Tubing Cutter???

              We saw those at the Long Beach trade show that Josh came out for last year.

              Personally watching the guy demo it the thing sounded like a Harbor freight nightmare.Sloppy specs.clanging clicking whining winding.

              It won't hold up to repeated use for me.
              I think Rick still had to have a couple of them

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: SUPERIOR UltraCut Cordless Tubing Cutter???

                Originally posted by HVAC HAWK View Post
                are you a butcher at least use a pipe cutter

                it looks like a good idea if you have a lot of cutting to do
                I use a sawzall frequently Hawk.I do focus on a straight cut.Just debur and resize outside with a 90 before sanding,a quick brush with the reamer to remove interior burrs and your good to go.Hell of a lot faster than mini-cutters.Besides most pipes cut in the wall with tubing cutters don't get reamed I don't care what a guy tells me,there's not enough room.

                Adam

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: SUPERIOR UltraCut Cordless Tubing Cutter???

                  Originally posted by proplumb View Post
                  i love the idea, i want a pipe prep machine with cutter,reamer,and fitting brushes, but wont spend 1400.00 that ridgid wants get real
                  We have one.Not my company,I guy I help out when I'm slow.

                  When there are many cuts,like a helper cutting for a couple of plumbers running pipe size 1" though 2" in preset hangers and holes.They are worth their weight in gold.They FLY!!!

                  It is my goal to have the projects that will demand I have Ridgids 122XL.
                  Last edited by drtyhands; 01-29-2008, 01:44 AM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: SUPERIOR UltraCut Cordless Tubing Cutter???

                    I'll eventually get one, love tools that reduce repetiton, tedious tasks even tho I'm not a production guy. When I need to use a sawzall on copper I've got a Bosch inline jigsaw that works great with its fine tooth blades. Unfortunately Bosch discontinued its production

                    wookie

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: SUPERIOR UltraCut Cordless Tubing Cutter???

                      Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                      We saw those at the Long Beach trade show that Josh came out for last year.

                      Personally watching the guy demo it the thing sounded like a Harbor freight nightmare.Sloppy specs.clanging clicking whining winding.

                      It won't hold up to repeated use for me.
                      I think Rick still had to have a couple of them
                      actually i was going to buy one, but never got around to it. i would kill the battery before i need it.

                      lets see next trade show, you never know what i'll find.

                      rick.
                      phoebe it is

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: SUPERIOR UltraCut Cordless Tubing Cutter???

                        Originally posted by proplumb View Post
                        if he is a butcher then you dont know what you are talking about. if you use a sawzall the inside of the pipe is not compressed thus it reqires no reaming. there are slight burrs which come off with your grit cloth
                        i was trying to get him going a little

                        people can use what ever they want to cut pipe but a pipe cutter with a good cutting wheel it cuts fast my two cents
                        Charlie

                        My seek the peek fundraiser page
                        http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040


                        http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

                        new work pictures 12/09
                        http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: SUPERIOR UltraCut Cordless Tubing Cutter???

                          Just for you Charlie. I cut a scrap piece of 3/4" copper and this is the result with no altering of the pipe after I cut it. I use milwaukee 4" blades with 24 tpi. Use this on type L or thicker copper. Thinner copper will grab the blade and jerk you all over the place.
                          Attached Files
                          Buy cheap, buy twice.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: SUPERIOR UltraCut Cordless Tubing Cutter???

                            Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                            Just for you Charlie. I cut a scrap piece of 3/4" copper and this is the result with no altering of the pipe after I cut it. I use milwaukee 4" blades with 24 tpi. Use this on type L or thicker copper. Thinner copper will grab the blade and jerk you all over the place.
                            LIES!!!!!

                            No-one can cut that straight with a sawzall,you used a chop saw.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: SUPERIOR UltraCut Cordless Tubing Cutter???

                              i know i was trying to bust on you
                              Charlie

                              My seek the peek fundraiser page
                              http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040


                              http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

                              new work pictures 12/09
                              http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X