Pex-al-pex

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pex-al-pex

I have a ProPress 320E and feel I may need a different tool for the PEX-AL-PEX crimped fittings. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Re: Pex-al-pex

Fitting suppliers (and there are many of them) must approve a given tool to be used on their specific system. For example, Elkhart, NIBCO, Zurn, Watts, CPI, and Viega all approve the use of RIDGID Tools and jaws on their fittings (up to 2" in NIBCO's case).

My advice is to check with the fitting supplier you're using and have them specifiy what tools/jaws you should use.

Comment

Re: Pex-al-pex

Kitec (PEX-AL-Pex) and it's PE version (PE-AL-PE) (called by the Ipex trade names "warmrite" and "plumbetter" respectively) require different crimpers than something you would utilize for traditional pex (at least that's my experience). Also, there are 2 different reaming tools you will want to pick up if you've never used it before that make inserting the fittings 10 times easier. They round out the pipe and put a slight bevel on the inside edge of the pipe which makes inserting fittings much easier.

Comment

Working...
      X