Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rigid 1233 machine

Hi All,
    We've got a problem with our Rigid 1233 dies. We are currently threading 1" st/st 304L pipe and are using rigid universal gold titanium coated dies. Whilst threading the pipe we are having the teeth breaking off both in the middle and towards the end of the dies. We've replaced the dies with a new set and the same outcome, we are now on a third set of dies and yet again it's happened. Also using rigid high performance cutting oil. As you are all no doubt aware these dies aren't the cheapest things in the world. We are only getting approx 10-20 threads out of them. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Re: Rigid 1233 machine

SMORRIS is you're man on this one.Maybe you could try Private Messaging him.

I forgot what the response was on this subject last time it was mentioned.I don't think they ever broke as you're describing.I'm not familiar with the pipe your threading st/st 304L.Some type of stainless?

Comment

Hi, thanks for your help on this one. As for your question on 304L-Stainless comes in a variety of different grades all with different characteristics. 304L is a low carbon version of 304 which is a widely used grade in the industrial sector over here due to it having great welding charcteristics (ie no post weld annealing is required when welding thin sections). It's a strange one this, we were wondering if theres a fault on maybe the diestock or machine in some way. Thanks again.

Comment

Hi,
        I appreciate that this reply is a bit late (only 8 months!!!) but we regularly thread Stainless Steel Pipe (304L and 316L) with our Ridgid 535 machine with no trouble at all. We always use the Gold dies whenever available. We do, of course, get the odd breakage but nothing like you describe. Next time you have a similar job, bring the die head and dies in to us and we will set them up for you, or we can thread the pipes for you in our machine shop for a small charge, we are based in Newton Heath, Manchester.

Comment

Hi All,

Can anyone pl send me the contact detail of distributor of ridgid 1233 machine and parts located in US more specifically in NJ

-Prashant Thakkar
          India

Comment

Working...
          X