X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wirsbo Pex tools

Where's the cheapest place to buy? Don't say Fergusons.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: Wirsbo Pex tools

buy from your local rep, i can ask my wife what their cost is she's a wirsbo rep
    how is it that so many answers are in the instructions

Comment

What's the cycle on the Wirsbo air expander? I mean, how many joints can be made before recharging? Gear J. their tools are expensive everywhere I look and I think it's killing their market penetration. At least in my area.

P.S. Post the costs or PM me the costs please.

Comment

E bay! http://search.ebay.com/search/search...trypage=search

I've bought three of E bay in the last 5yrs, paid less the $150 each. All came with three heads. I like the old style ones better. I have a cordless unit aswell, I picked it up off E bay also, paid $350. Pneumatic are really only needed for sizes larger than 1" With a little practice the manual expander is the fastest for 1/2" and 3/4". Propex leave crimp rings in the dust when it comes to speed and ease of use. Go Wirsbo
        You will never expand your mind, if you do not challenge your beliefs.

By the reading of this post, you acknowledge and agree that the poster shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any content contained herein.

Comment

Originally posted by proplumb View Post
          buy from your local rep, i can ask my wife what their cost is she's a wirsbo rep

Can she get me a deal on hand expanders.? I need a couple for the school down here and the local rep is a total a###hole
          sigpic

Comment

pex supply has the expanders for 284. I saw this old house and Richard(we're on a first name basis) uses one that is shaped like a gun that expands the pipe, then a set of jaws bring down a metal collar to secure the fitting. Looks like a great system but I can't find any info on it. Proplumb, I think your wife needs her own log in.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Gear Junkie, what you saw on This Old House is the Rehau Everloc system. Wirsbo used to make the same system under their name, but have since discontinued it. I have never used the Everloc system myself, but I have only heard good things about it.

Comment

Thanks, proplumb, can your wife get info on this?
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

i will be doing a floor heating system next week and we rent it from the supplier we get our pipe from
                  Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                  http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                  http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Can't rent........................Must own............Must own all tools..........................
                    sigpic

Comment

ROTFLMAO! NH, I don't know why but that killed me. I picture all the plumbers at the Ridgid Plant walking around like zombies saying that.

Comment

sorry been away for a bit here, my wife will not log on she thinks that we (plumbers) bs with eachother two much on here. she can get expanders at times for free, sometimes at a solid discount, depends on luck really. i however hate wirsbo so i have never got her to get me a pair. she brought home a prototype battery oporated expander the other night and i was messing with it at work. 4 1/2" expands per charge @ 1 hour per charge . the unit is very heavy and is about 400.00, what a crock. she also lent me an air expander to try, worked well and quick too, too dad you have to lug a compressor aroung with you. wirsbo is soo far ahead of everyone in technology with systems like quicktrack and their new manifolds with flow gages, ill use it all but i hate how unreliable the expansion is in the cold. by the way wirsbo is dropping the name and will go soley by uponor

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                          Can't rent........................Must own............Must own all tools..........................
                          Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                          ROTFLMAO! NH, I don't know why but that killed me. I picture all the plumbers at the Ridgid Plant walking around like zombies saying that.
                          that is a good one

but i do this maybe once a year and i did ask the boss about getting one a couple years back and he said not not now ,so i will try again .
                          Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                          http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                          http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

she brought home a prototype battery oporated expander the other night and i was messing with it at work. 4 1/2" expands per charge @ 1 hour per charge
                            There must be something wrong with the unit and/or batteries. I have an older one, 2 or 3 years old, and it will typically do a 2 1/2 bath house panel on one battery. Its slow though, I can do it almost twice as fast with my manual expander.

ill use it all but i hate how unreliable the expansion is in the cold.
                            Its really not that bad, I use a heat gun when I have to do just a couple joints in a hurry. If I have to tie in several lines and its well below zero I use a portable propane heater. I've been installing the stuff for 10yrs now, I can count the number of problems I've had on one hand. The company I work for installs over a million feet of Aquapex and HePex a year.
                            You will never expand your mind, if you do not challenge your beliefs.

By the reading of this post, you acknowledge and agree that the poster shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any content contained herein.

Comment

the idea of having to carry an extra tool to make a joint is bull. our lives are hard enough here in the cold i dont have the desire to sit there with a heat gun and warm up the rings/pipe. plus the simple fact i can crimp way faster than anyone could expand and there is no argument ther a crimp is way quicker ang a 100% seal if your tool is calibrated. i have never had a crimp leak...ever even the best guys with an expander have had a drip or two

Comment

Working...
                              X