X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Threading 2" PVC

On a fairly large job right now where threading our 2" Sch 80 PVC seems to be the wiser option over socket weld. We have had reasonable success in the past using standard Ridgid 300 dies + chasers. Seems like this week we have had more snags/torn threads then anything else on BRAND NEW dies. Any recommendations on a particular die / threader combo?

Re: Threading 2" PVC

ridgid makes a die/ chaser just for plastic.
    for the 300 and universal die heads try part #70750 1''-2'' or
    70745 for 1/2''-1''

for the hand dies 12r complete 2''/ 83485.

you don't use oil do you?

i have a 12 r head for 1'' and can just about do it in my hand.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Good info Rick. I will add that cutting a couple steel pipe threads will finish sharpening the new cutters. Then they should cut good without snags. New cutters have burs and such that need to be cleaned off by use.
      info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Thanks for the part# Rick. We do not use cutting oil for plastic - but we do thread each joint 3 times: first 2 times we only engage the chasers 3/4 of the way down. The last pass through we drop the chaser all the way to the down position for the final thread. Is this necessary with the PVC dies or can the die be set and threaded once as if it were iron pipe?

Comment

Originally posted by doubleD View Post
          Thanks for the part# Rick. We do not use cutting oil for plastic - but we do thread each joint 3 times: first 2 times we only engage the chasers 3/4 of the way down. The last pass through we drop the chaser all the way to the down position for the final thread. Is this necessary with the PVC dies or can the die be set and threaded once as if it were iron pipe?
          since i only have the 12r pvc die head. i would imagine it's a 1 shot deal. at least that's the way i do it on 1'' with the 12r.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
          X