New victaulic fittings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New victaulic fittings

the guy from victaulic came out Friday and showed us thei new line of fittings. Copper with a rubber O ring and stainless steel grippers. Look suspiciously like shark bite fittings and go together like shark bite fittings. they come in some really big sizes. Imagine shark biteing a 3" dwv copper line...

Quick and easy. It's where we're headed baby.
    sigpic

Re: New victaulic fittings

errrr...........I won't start. ease of installation causes hack work indeed.
    sigpic

Robert

Comment

Last commercial job I did with victaulic was a high end private schools heat system.
      I could just see a couple of kids sneaking into the mechanical room and dangling on pipe connected to sharkbite type fittings...."ppssssst...ppsssstt".

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
        errrr...........I won't start. ease of installation causes hack work indeed.
        Difficulty in installing a product doesn't equate to the quality or longevity of that product.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Ain't it wonderfull though. Just think, a couple more years of this and you won't have to own tools or for that matter a license either.
          sigpic

Comment

Pushing a fitting similar to a shark bite home on 3" copper?

Do you have to take a sledge hammer to get it to go home?
            Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
              Difficulty in installing a product doesn't equate to the quality or longevity of that product.

I was saying that easy installation makes sloppy work

crimping stuff makes pipe go all over, trac pipe looks sloppy, plastic drains look sloppy on long runs, get my point??

kapish??
              sigpic

Robert

Comment

I first seen them about 7 years ago dont know if they where vic. I have never seen them used.

Comment

These fitting are only for 1/2" thru 1 1/2" and are called Permalynx by Victaulic. Anything 2" and above is grooved.

Comment

Working...
                  X