Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trenchless nightmare

todays trenchless job was a nightmare

not only did i smash my finger tip, but the pull was very difficult.

the 55' pull started out from under the house, through the footing and past the large tree outside, to the 4' ditch in the front yard.

the soil was damp and the puller kept wanting to pull into the wall of the ditch, even with good shoring. this pull was only exerting approx. 18,000# to 30,000# of force. the ultimate force of this puller is 80,000#.

so it wasn't a hard pull, but a tricky pull. the old cast iron bell and spigot pipe kept pulling into the pulling pit/ machine. normally the pipe is split and remains in the ground. at the 45' mark, a wye clean out fitting came pulling into the pit

all the cast had to be hammered split to separate it from the chain and pulley assy.

so, after a very long day, all was finished and cleaned up. now time to go the e.r. and look at my throbbing/ purple finger

not broken. so they use an interesting electric soldering looking device to burn a hole through the nail to relieve the trapped blood and pressure.
    also a tetanus shot was in order.

so a big thanks to joey for working all day and then driving me to the hospital. the sad part is 2 of the dr. already knew me there

i know that but my finger is sore and my pictures need resizing to fit.

so thanks joey for all your help and be prepared for another pull next week

rick.
    phoebe it is

Re: trenchless nightmare

I wanna see pics of the little sausages
    The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Wow,
      What a pain in the a**.Loooong hard day.Where were your helpers.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
        Wow,
        What a pain in the a**.Loooong hard day.Where were your helpers.

steve had his 2 guys on the job to do their end of the work. joey made a mcdonalds run for us and i still havn't had my mcnuggets

i tried to get a buddy of mine, spare of the moment, but you were busy and i figured i had steves guys in a pinch.

anyways, next week will be a new one

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Drain Medic View Post

I wanna see pics of the little sausages
          If I could find where Rick put the camera or the cable I would post the photos of the job.

Sorry, no photos of the finger. It was in ice until we hit the hospital and then the Dr. wrapped it up so it wouldn't get infected while he played in poop all day
          I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Hope the pain ends soon. Remember the day I ripped My thumb down the middle,to the knuckle on My table saw. Would like to see the pull some day on film. I think You could do a series called Drainers.Folks would love this. At a minimum,how about U tube?
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
              Hope the pain ends soon. Remember the day I ripped My thumb down the middle,to the knuckle on My table saw. Would like to see the pull some day on film. I think You could do a series called Drainers.Folks would love this. At a minimum,how about U tube?
              other than the black nail the pain is gone.

1 you tube is enough.

joey was at the hardware store yesterday talking to the 3rd. generation son. i actually went to school with them. as she was talking to him. a stranger in line overheard the conversation of the plumbers milkshake.
              turns out that he is a forum member and already voted for it

small, small world.

i was thinking more like a video "pimp my k-60"

maybe next year

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
              X