X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 460 Pipe vise

Question I just bought a 460 and the support tray below the working area does not lay down flat when its unfolded as in the picture, I had Reed pipe vise for years and it laid down flat, am I missing something? this vise came assembled from Grainger?

Re: 460 Pipe vise

One of the set screws on the inside of the leg needs to be loosened and the tray should lay flat. Then retighten

hope that helps

Comment

Just in case you need-want it, here's the parts list. This may come in handy later on. Good luck getting it setup correctly and please post an update.

Update: 04/11/08 at 9:51pm EDT

I blew it, I blew it. I posted the wrong file again so I removed it.
      Last edited by Woussko; 04-11-2008, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Thanks I got it to lay flat but it is not straight? Tried forcing the side with the set screw up but it still will not get level

Comment

Wrong vice Woussko but nice try

Look here:

http://www.ridgid.com/ASSETS/F5FFFF2...in_Vise_PL.pdf

The problem may be that Grainger assembled it improperly. Look closely at the diagram. Is the set screw on the rear leg and not on one of the front?

Comment

PC

Thanks for fixing up the mess. I had too much Hush Hound #3 and that stuff makes me get strange. No more of it for me. From now on I'm going back to the original Hush Hound.

Comment

Working...
            X