Help on Formulas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help on Formulas

I need to find a formula on take offs for threaded pipe for 90s, 45s and tees. Somebody please help! A sample question of what I am looking for is; A 2" pipe is being cut to run between 2 90-degree threaded fittings. The center to center measurement of the fittings is 7'2-1/4". What is the cut length of the pipe?

Re: Help on Formulas

There is no formula for getting take offs...you either measure the fittings...or get the manufacturers specs.

Comment

Some plumbing text's give fitting make in tables but they are only a rough estimate as fitting manufacturers vary. I have found the tables to be pretty close though.
      sigpic

Comment

very simple. measure the actual brand of fitting and get an accurate measurement. no real formula, just a tape measure and good threads.

center to center and end to center are the main ones.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

IPT Pipe Trade's Hand Book is an invaluable resource of hundreds of tables and formulas. Find it at www.pipefitter.com
          the dog

Comment

Thanks for the heads up there Dog, there was something there that I wanted.
            Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Dang, finally found a plumbers rule at Pipefitter.com

Comment

that in my opinion has to be field verified, there are differences between domestic and asian black iron thread tolerance. understanding proper structure of a threaded joint will add to success.

Comment

Steamfitter Local 638 I will tell you want I was told in school get a black franklin book.
                  Are you work with steam fittings

Comment

1/2 and 3/4 face to face and add 1 inch, 1 to 2 face to face and add 1 1/8". Comes out right tahats what counts.
                    WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE,
                    ONLY BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Comment

On carbon steel and ss for a 90 degree Long Radius Elbow it's one and one half the pipe diamanter, a 45 it's five eights the pipe size and a short radius 90 is the same as the pipe size

like for 6 inch

LR 90 6X1 1/2=9

45 5/8X6=3 3/4

SR 90 1X6=6
                      Life is Good, OleTom
                      http://ConstructionWorkers.US

Comment

Working...
                      X