Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

ProPress for Med gas?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ProPress for Med gas?

    I landed a new dentist office job that need some Med gas installed. Just wondering if Propress fittings are approved for oxygen? dinitrogen monoxide?

    I need a good excuse to buy a Propress

  • #2
    Re: ProPress for Med gas?

    then yes it is

    i have no idea but get it just in case
    Charlie

    My seek the peek fundraiser page
    http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040


    http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

    new work pictures 12/09
    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: ProPress for Med gas?

      Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
      I landed a new dentist office job that need some Med gas installed. Just wondering if Propress fittings are approved for oxygen? dinitrogen monoxide?

      I need a good excuse to buy a Propress

      Any system hooked up to a high pressure cylinder needs to be able to take the entire pressure of the cylinder in case there is a regulator failure, I don't know that pro press is rated for 4000 PSI.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: ProPress for Med gas?

        http://www.cranecopper.com.au/produc...a_propress.asp

        Scroll down just a bit on the main page for downloads.

        I found this useful site for Viega information, but couldn't find the answer to your question.
        Proud To Be Union!!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: ProPress for Med gas?

          We asked that at the roundup and was told no on the med gas. But don't let that stop you. Buy a propess anyway.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: ProPress for Med gas?

            Originally posted by Killertoiletspider View Post
            Any system hooked up to a high pressure cylinder needs to be able to take the entire pressure of the cylinder in case there is a regulator failure, I don't know that pro press is rated for 4000 PSI.
            don't agree on this one. copper is not rated for 4000# and is typically the pipe of choice for med gasses.

            rick.
            phoebe it is

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: ProPress for Med gas?

              bill, the o-rings on the propress is factory lubed with a silicone based oil.

              i doubt oil and oxygen are a good mix

              i'll have to look at the viega book in the truck.

              i left you a voice mail today

              didn't you see the blazing speed of the propress at the roundup

              not your's, mine

              contact viega directly to be sure. they do have a choice of 3 different
              o-rings and 1 might be rated for oxygen.

              rick.
              phoebe it is

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: ProPress for Med gas?

                Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                don't agree on this one. copper is not rated for 4000# and is typically the pipe of choice for med gasses.

                rick.

                Type K C+C with brazed joints is.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: ProPress for Med gas?

                  Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                  didn't you see the blazing speed of the propress at the roundup

                  rick.
                  That's why he needs one so he can practice. Didn't you see him in the classroom drooling and trying to come up with an excuse to get one
                  I love my plumber

                  "My Hero"

                  Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: ProPress for Med gas?

                    Found some of what I was looking for here:
                    http://www.viega-na.com/downloads/12...plications.pdf

                    It IS rated for oxygen just not Medical Oxygen (just what is the difference I don't know)

                    It will work for the vacuum lines also

                    Still not clear on the Nitrous

                    ......still searching

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: ProPress for Med gas?

                      Crack, nice avatar. Good thing I know what it's for. Otherwise it could be embarrassing
                      I love my plumber

                      "My Hero"

                      Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: ProPress for Med gas?

                        Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                        Found some of what I was looking for here:
                        http://www.viega-na.com/downloads/12...plications.pdf

                        It IS rated for oxygen just not Medical Oxygen (just what is the difference I don't know)

                        It will work for the vacuum lines also

                        Still not clear on the Nitrous

                        ......still searching
                        Medical oxygen is bottled in a vacuum, it has no impurities, but it is only available in high pressure cylinders.

                        Nitrous can be found in low pressure cylinders, I have about twenty of them in my garage, my race car loves nitrous.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: ProPress for Med gas?

                          Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                          Found some of what I was looking for here:
                          http://www.viega-na.com/downloads/12...plications.pdf

                          It IS rated for oxygen just not Medical Oxygen (just what is the difference I don't know)

                          It will work for the vacuum lines also

                          Still not clear on the Nitrous

                          ......still searching
                          the issue would be that med gas requires 100% penetration of the soldering/ brazing, socket/ cup.

                          this is to prevent any foreign matter form building up and creating a germ issue.

                          propress will not meet that criteria.

                          sorry

                          rick.
                          phoebe it is

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: ProPress for Med gas?

                            Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                            the issue would be that med gas requires 100% penetration of the soldering/ brazing, socket/ cup.

                            this is to prevent any foreign matter form building up and creating a germ issue.

                            propress will not meet that criteria.

                            sorry

                            rick.
                            Shoot,I remember you saying something about that a few months ago.
                            And I thought we were on to something.
                            Darn-it.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: ProPress for Med gas?

                              Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                              We asked that at the roundup and was told no on the med gas. But don't let that stop you. Buy a propess anyway.
                              What? No one believed me?!
                              Buy cheap, buy twice.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X