Parts or manual for old Collins Threader

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Parts or manual for old Collins Threader

I was not sure ENIS was still around. The last 22A I had them rebuild you could not tell from brand new. I believe he use to work for Collins and at some point went out on his own.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Spinner,
      The manual you sent was for a similar machine with 6" capacity. Ours only goes up to 2" limited by the hole in the gear housing and probably the vise. Reading through the thread, I am guessing that it is an old 22A. I am including some photos which I downloaded from an eBay auction for convenience. The machine in the photos is the same model as ours. Ours, however, is much prettier. The trailer, we put together ourselves, and fixed the threader to it. It was not one made by Collins or anyone else except our welder. Thanks for all your alls research and advice.
      Attached Files

Comment

Man that thing is weathered. However, if ENIS is still in business it will look brand new when they are done with it.

Mark

Comment

Here is a guy from Craigs List who says he repairs pipe machines

http://fresno.craigslist.org/tls/796659582.html

Mark

Comment

Hey Plumber Rick,
            How old is your threader? Does it have all the parts? I am in Santa Barbara and come down to LA often to go the VA Wadsworth Hospital on Wilshire at the 405 and to the VA Sepulveda Hospital off the 405 near the 210 intersection. I could come and check it out. How much do you want for it? Thanks for the thinking and help. Malcolm

Comment

You guys are tremendous! I have just met with blank stares here, or the suggestion that we junk it and get a new one. That's against my religion. I fix stuff for a living. I have since I was a boy. I will follow the EINS suggestion and the Fresno Craig's List one as well. Thanks again to all contributers. Malcolm

Comment

Speaking of old threaders, I have a TOLEDO # 2 1/2 threader that threads 4", 4 1/2", 5" and 6". Where can I get some new teeth for this antique? I also want to buy the TOLEDO 8" threader...I think it's a # 3. Any lkeads on parts and sleeves for either of these machines ?

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkindaddy View Post
                  Hey Plumber Rick,
                  How old is your threader? Does it have all the parts? I am in Santa Barbara and come down to LA often to go the VA Wadsworth Hospital on Wilshire at the 405 and to the VA Sepulveda Hospital off the 405 near the 210 intersection. I could come and check it out. How much do you want for it? Thanks for the thinking and help. Malcolm
                  the westwood va is 10 minutes from me

talking about collins 22a thread-o-matic. i just purchased a brand new one. still crated with 2 die heads. anyone interested?
                  sorry morris, this is the cadillac of threaders

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

i worked for a shop that had a bunch of 22A's when I was an apprentice. I loved those machines. Fast and easy to operate, and less mess with the oiler setup they used. Automatic jaws were another great feature that cut your time in half or even less.
                    "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

Comment

Working...
                    X