X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parts or manual for old Collins Threader

We hauled out our old trailer mounted Collins Threader and are deciding whether to fix it or junk it. The model number is obliterated but the serial number is 17584. Does anyone have an idea of how to identify the model number? Does anyone know of a parts source for old Collins Threaders? Does anyone know if we can fit Ridgid or Rothenberger die heads to the cutting spindle? My dream would be to get a Ridgid 12R diehead holder. The unit has a fully housed motor, a foot switch, a flip-down reamer, a cutter with the cutter wheel holder missing, and one of three adjustable cutter heads. We are missing the 1/2"-3/4" and the 2" cutter heads. We have the 1"-1 1/4" one. Any help would be deeply appreciated. Thanks.
    Last edited by Pumpkindaddy; 08-20-2008, 07:56 PM. Reason: To get e-mail notices instantly

Re: Parts or manual for old Collins Threader

Comment

Parts or manual for old Collins Threader

I have posted this thread on the Ask the Plumbing Experts and the Pipe Joining and Fabrication sections. I'm new here and not sure if this is legal. If it's not someone tell me and I'll reverse field.
      We hauled out our old trailer mounted Collins Threader and are deciding whether to fix it or junk it. The model number is obliterated but the serial number is 17584. Does anyone have an idea of how to identify the model number? Does anyone know of a parts source for old Collins Threaders? Does anyone know if we can fit Ridgid or Rothenberger die heads to the cutting spindle? My dream would be to get a Ridgid 12R diehead holder. The unit has a fully housed motor, a foot switch, a flip-down reamer, a cutter with the cutter wheel holder missing, and one of three adjustable cutter heads. We are missing the 1/2"-3/4" and the 2" cutter heads. We have the 1"-1 1/4" one. The motor is a muscle, the oil resevoir is huge and the trailer is cute. I'd love to rescue it. Any help would be deeply appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

Pictures will be forthcoming.

Comment

3 threads now, boy are you impatient..... Slow down, if someone had an answer for you, maybe they haven't been on yet, or it just may be no one can help you.

I can't help ya.....
          Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Is this your threader?

http://www.rothenberger-usa.com/file...ic_OM_0406.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
              Spinner what,you nuts

That's 2-4"
              Why you like working so hard.Hawk's got me welding those sizes.

Comment

I can look tommorrow and dig up the guys number that services Collins/Rothenberger.Get ready to spend some money on him and his product.In the 90's I spent $12.00 just on a #10X1/2" bolt.
                P.M. me if you want that number.

Comment

true true it must be the 44a

Comment

As I recall:

Collins 22A - up to 2"

Collins 44A - up to 4"

Collins 66A - up to 6"

Mark
                    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                      As I recall:

Collins 22A - up to 2"

Collins 44A - up to 4"

Collins 66A - up to 6"

Mark
                      Even better

Comment

i have a good working 22a if you need a replacement

the collins 22a was the threader of choice for us plumbers and the ridgid 300 was the threader of choice for the sprinkler guys

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

The only trailer mounted Collins I remember was the 44A and the trailer also included a chop saw.

Mark
                          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

The last time I needed parts for my Collins Thread-O-Matic 22 I went to EINS SERVICES in San Gabriel CA. 800-224-3467 The old timer I got it from said I would be spoiled forever after using a Collins, don't know about that, have never used anything but my Collins.

wookie

Comment

Originally posted by wookie View Post
                              The last time I needed parts for my Collins Thread-O-Matic 22 I went to EINS SERVICES in San Gabriel CA. 800-224-3467 The old timer I got it from said I would be spoiled forever after using a Collins, don't know about that, have never used anything but my Collins.

wookie
                              You just saved me the step.That's the number of the company I was going to hunt down.May only use them once in a decade but they are irreplaceable as a contact.

Thanks Wookie
                              ADAM

Comment

Working...
                              X