propress for refrigerant piping

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know right!
    yes it uses unique jaws, which I think they said cant be used for water fittings, I'm not sure about the tool/machine. I think it was 3/8" to 1 3/8", or at least I know it covers most of the applications we design.

Comment

Add high pressure hydraulic lines to its capabilities and you would make some on site machinery mechanics very happy people!

Comment

That's pretty cool - beats brazing the lines with oxy-acetylene. Now that refrigerants with very high pressures are possibly in the future such as R-744 (CO2) I wonder how these will stand up to those kinds of systems. Like any product it will probably undergo revisions to cope with such systems.

Comment

Are Ridgid going to have jaws approved for this? Im trying to find the answer on the web, plus I have made a few calls and no-one seems to know so thought I would try on here.
          We will buy into the Sporlan system we would prefer not having to buy 8-10 more tools if we had to. Anyone know what stage the devlopment is at?

Comment

Anyone on here attend the AHR expo and seen the Sporlan tool? I saw some new tools that were to be released at the AHR showcased in last month's edition of RSES journal but did not see any mention of the press tool.

Comment

A fitting to hold water needs to hold a high pressure of 85psi, but refrigerant lines need to hold 350 for r22 and 600psi for 410a. If you have copper piping then use solderless compression fittings.

Comment

Working...
              X