X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• propress for refrigerant piping

we tried out our new propress this week; repaired a 2" water main and installed a tankless water heater. That is one hell of a fabrication system!

Ridgid product development: you absolutely must develop propress for refrigerant piping. If you do, you will revolutionize the industry!
    spodelee

Until lions have their own storytellers, stories of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter

Re: propress for refrigerant piping

josh----please tell us this is coming!!!!!!!!!! i would like to see pp for refr pipe----it would keep me even busier

Comment

spodelee--now do u see why the propress is the best tool for plumbers to date?????? repairing 3 or 4 inch mains with water leaking by a gate is no problem---its my favorite tool

josh---so, can we expect this???? i just found out propress can be used up to 15 psi steam for our very few steamers around--thats nice

Comment

the pressure in refrigerant piping would be the problem

but is a good idea
        Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
        http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
        http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

i can only preach to the gospel so much.

if you love the k-60, you'll marry the propress

4 years of preaching and some are just seeing the light.

all of my supply houses now stock propress fittings.

i'm one of only a few contractors that purchase propress.

so the rest of the guys are missing out.

actually i've gotten a couple propress job referrals from guys that don't have the machine

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

[QUOTE=plumberjr;168394]spodelee--now do u see why the propress is the best tool for plumbers to date?????? repairing 3 or 4 inch mains with water leaking by a gate is no problem---its my favorite tool

josh---so, can we expect this???? i just found out propress can be used up to 15 psi steam for our very few steamers around--thats nice[/QUOTE

The 2" main repair was a failed tee - a worst case, pain in the butt scenario on a large commercial building that took three hours to complete. The drain down in preparation for a sweat repair would have taken three hours by itself! Yep, my favorite tool too (I might even like it more than a k60 but don't tell rick)
            spodelee

Until lions have their own storytellers, stories of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter

Comment

Originally posted by HVAC HAWK View Post

but is a good idea
              Aghhh, just add another o-ring or somethin' / LOL

Actually, we should probably be harpin' on vega. In any case, stop the presses Josh, stop working on that silly seesnake prototype (grin), and make your mark in the HVAC industry

Heck, the idea of cutting refrigerant pipe fab time by two thirds is so exciting, it's got me writing this on vacation on my iPhone!
              spodelee

Comment

if u can use it for steam, im sure it could handle the abuse of refrigeration--im sure there is a prototype somewhere--if there is , my hvac installers would love to watch me press it in and save them from dragging in all the soldering/brazing tools , and save them a lot of time

im sure it will happen soon and am sure there are a few a/c units that are ppressed together out there somewhere -----

josh--this sounds like a heck of an idea for ridgid--if we talk about it enough, will they do it???? better yet--tell the engineers that sharkbite is going to release refr fitts very soon and ridgid needs to 1 up them!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

also--i believe rick stated it wrong-------

IF YOU LOVE THE K6200 or K7500 YOU DID MARRY THE PROPRESS--if you are a smart plumber!!!!!!

IF YOU THINK YOU LOVE THE K60--YOULL DIVORCE HER AS SOON AS THE REP DEMOS A 6200 OR 7500 DRUMMER!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by plumberjr View Post
                    also--i believe rick stated it wrong-------

IF YOU LOVE THE K6200 or K7500 YOU DID MARRY THE PROPRESS--if you are a smart plumber!!!!!!

IF YOU THINK YOU LOVE THE K60--YOULL DIVORCE HER AS SOON AS THE REP DEMOS A 6200 OR 7500 DRUMMER!!!!!!!!!!

I believe what you are missing is Rick's K-7500s and K-750s (including a new in box unit) now sit in the shop unless needed and the K-60 rides shotgun.

Mark
                    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

MY K50 AND 1500 ARE NOW DUST COLLECTERS--MY PPRESS RIDES SHOTGUN AND MY 6200 HAS HER OWN SPOT IN THE BACK----IM KINDA WORRIED ABOUT U RICK---HE SAYS UR 60 SITS SHOTGUN---IF U CLEAN ALL THE SEWERS U SPEAK OF, THAT THING MUST SMELL LIKE CRAP----SO DO U LIKE THE SMELL OF CRAP, OR IS THERE SOMETHIN ELSE GOIN ON??????I WOULD NEVER PUT ANY CABLE OR MACHINE IN MY CAB--THATS PRETTY NASTY, DUDE!!

Comment

Originally posted by HVAC HAWK View Post

but is a good idea
                        Not only the pressure but the vibration and pulling a vacuum. I would never trust it.
                        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                          I believe what you are missing is Rick's K-7500s and K-750s (including a new in box unit) now sit in the shop unless needed and the K-60 rides shotgun.

Mark
                          close,

my brand new in box 7500 sits next to my 7500, which sits next to my brand new in box 750, that sits next to 2- 750's that sit next to my spartan 300 that sits next to 2 generals, that sit next to 3 non seesnakes.

sould i continue or do you get the point?

i have yet to find a job i couldn't do with my k-60 or 1500.

yet i have plenty of jobs that my 750, or 7500 couldn't do.

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                          X