NEW Milwaukee Cordless Tubing Cutter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NEW Milwaukee Cordless Tubing Cutter

Oh by the way Manager at Fergusson's was letting me demo in the supply house tonight.I was trying to turn the drum by hand to line up the opening for next cut.Then he showed me the switch in front of the trigger that stops the head in the proper position.It is heavy.Kindof like when I bought one of those Porter cable knuckle head "Tiger Saw".Too heavy and cumbersome for the added rarely used convienience.I think I will buy one at a discounted price and give her a run.But that would only be when I get another big copper job.

Comment

Sounds like my PipeCat that I never used much.

I guess I should of figgered that out as a service plumber. Duheyaaaahhh!
      Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post

You are wrong if you think you can keep up with a Ridgid #15. Rick, that includes you too. Just as fast if not faster than a sawzall.
        bill, bring it out to the next roundup and i'll smoke it.

my batteries don't wear out and i don't stop for lunch. plus i cut up to 6'' not just 1'' and less.

will race for "pink slips"

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

The T-drill version is a steal at around $8000.
          There exists a $100 version that I expect to see at harbor freight soon.
          As a service guy once in a while a guy needs to cut make a cut in a shi**y spot one handed.Space allowing this would be a treat in such a pinch.( far too high up on say,an extension ladder!)
          Great thread! I didn't know this was out.Home dumpster has them along with their micro cam.(Sorry Ridgid. Thanks for the calendars though!)

Comment

talk talk talk-------mine will smoke your #15 anyday and while you sweat and burn, ill press and finish early---sorry, superplumber, but you wont beat it---its too fast --and the cuts are perfect

and i paid 170

Comment

This is the only tool i don't have in the m 12 line up yet. But is on my christmas list

The impact is perfect for doing mj, torque is just a little more than needed but you can tell when shes tight.

the hackzall has come in handy a few times but does lack power, i would rather less run time and more power, maybe a two speed

haven't put much use on the camera yet but it is definatly a cool tool.

Comment

Ive used it quite a few times. Th only time I could see mysel using it is on I was building a boiler board and cutting around 50 pieces the same size. Other than that i'll stick to my No.18's....With a SS cutting wheel
                West Trail Mechanical Ltd
                Service. Commitment. Expertise.

www.westtrailmechanical.ca

Comment

How would this thing work on rolled copper with all it's imperfections? Most of the copper we've been using comes egg shaped. We're running multiple service lines from the main.

Comment

Originally posted by pipewrench View Post
                    How would this thing work on rolled copper with all it's imperfections? Most of the copper we've been using comes egg shaped. We're running multiple service lines from the main.
                    I'm thinking because it's spring loaded it would work pretty good.

Comment

I used mine on a piece of soft copper the other day, and I couldn't get it to cut. I had to get out my small Ridgid cutter to cut it. Now keep in mind this was the only piece of soft copper I have ever tried to cut with the machine, so it could have been a fluke.

Since buying this tool, I have not had to touch my other copper cutters more then a handful of times. I wish they had come out with this tool years ago.

Comment

I own one of these milwaukee cordless tubing cutters and as far as i'm concerned its the greatest thing since sliced bread. I no longer have arthritic hands the day after spending all day running copper in a big chase wall. I can cut with it in places it'd take me 5 min to use my mini cutters. The only problem i've found with it is the price but I've had it about 6 months and think its been worth it so far. You can hold the peice of pipe with you're spare hand. It doesn't create that much torque. Someone mentioned the problem with cutting soft copper. Yes this does appear to be a problem. Especially with the 1/2" soft rolls. The 3/4 will cut occasionally and the 1" i used several times yesterday with no problems.

I LOVE THIS TOOL!!

I really want one that cuts up to 2"

I've already allowed my manual tubing cutters to rust up.

BTW... They've gotten wet repeatedly and with a little wd40 they're as good as new. Going to have to replace the cutting wheel soon. Not sure how easy that's going to be but I should be able to figure it out.

yes i'm a Master PLumber.
                        Last edited by md1harris; 10-04-2009, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Bought this cutter at the Orange County PHCC show last week. LOVE this tool! Wasn't planning on getting it, just couldn't pass up a great deal. Working a repipe this past week, this is where it shines. This is the type of tool I really go for, eliminating repetative, tedious, boring and time consuming tasks.

Rick, never watched you cut copper but positive you can't beat it. Milkshakes on me.

wookie

Comment

I don't know guys. If you have arthritis i could see it but for true production work, you need one of the's.

122 Copper Cut/Prep Machine

Comment

Originally posted by where am i View Post
                              I don't know guys. If you have arthritis i could see it but for true production work, you need one of the's.

122 Copper Cut/Prep Machine
                              That would be great in a stationary shop situation, but not in my world of repipe.

wookie

Comment

ive been plumbing for 33 yrs., last month i got the cordless tubing cutters and have had 4 copper repipe jobs , if i would have had them 20 yrs. ago my wrist would not ache so much! IMO money well spent!

Comment

Working...
                                X