X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW Milwaukee Cordless Tubing Cutter

Cut copper tubing the easy and fast way... The video is from ToolKing a large tool dealer. The link is for more info about this tool. Come on RIDGID, wake up and fight back. TTI owes you this tool only better.

http://www.milwaukeetool.com/us/en/n...E?OpenDocument

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvIHQ...eature=related

Re: NEW Milwaukee Cordless Tubing Cutter

I wonder if Milwaukee will take a Pipecat in trade.

That would save some athritis growth in my hands as well.
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

i don't mean to pick this apart but i have nothing else better to do right now.

-am i the only one that noticed the carpenter's clamps holding down the copper "tube" in the first clip?

-does it come with a de-burring tool, or is that extra??

-according to my instructors at N.A.I.T. there are 3 different classes of copper for plumbing;

tubing- soft, comes in rolls

tube- ridgid (aka-pipe)

pipe-thick walled like steel pipe. ie- sched 40 and so on.

just wanted to stir it a little.

Comment

Originally posted by Vince the Plumber View Post
        -am i the only one that noticed the carpenter's clamps holding down the copper "tube" in the first clip?
        Vince that seems like a good point. The clip showed it moving very fast and the head (though not the tool) seemed to shake. If you have to take extra time to secure the work compared to a hand-cutter I wonder how much of the time savings would be lost.

Comment

i'll take on that cordless cutter anytime. give me a ridgid #15 tubing cutter and not a miniature cutter like they compared it to and i'll smoke it.

plus my batteries keep on going and going and going.

my hands can get wet, can their tool get wet

next roundup, i'll put that cordless to it's death.

bring it on milwaukee, i'm not afraid of 12 volts

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

I agree with Rick, The I think most if not all of us can cut just as fast if not faster. Using an imp cutter is slow but if I cant get my regukar cutter into that space I doubt I could get that thing! Just another thing to weight down the tool bag!

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
              I agree with Rick, The I think most if not all of us can cut just as fast if not faster. Using an imp cutter is slow but if I cant get my regukar cutter into that space I doubt I could get that thing! Just another thing to weight down the tool bag!
              AND lighten the wallet.
              ---------------
              Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
              ---------------
              “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
              ---------
              "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
              ---------
              sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

16 cuts in two minutes and four seconds.Type "M"(they're not using "L" to pump their toy)

Your fired!!!

That thing is not needing a clamp to hold.If you can't hold against that wimpy torque....

Your fired too!!!!

Comment

I would like to put it on my list for tight spots.

Comment

If it's under a buck fifty I'll buy one.

My hand was cramping up last week during a bathroom repipe

Looks a little wild and reckless

Gotta remember to keep my fingers out of the way

Comment

Before getting one it would be a good idea to see what other tools Milwaukee has and has in the works that use/will use the same battery.

I think their tiny new cordless reciprocating saw will be more useful to many tool users.

New name to remember - HACKZALL
                      http://www.milwaukeetool.com/us/en/n...6?OpenDocument

http://www.toologics.com/Videos/Amaz...080903938.html

Comment

Spam
                        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I used mine today

List Price $406.00
                          Purchased Price: (deleted)

Pros: Fast , faster , fastest

Cons: See list price above, heavy, missing some important features

If you do any production work, this is for you. I got a woody when I heard this tool was coming out.

You are wrong if you think you can keep up with a Ridgid #15. Rick, that includes you too. Just as fast if not faster than a sawzall.

First impressions right out of the box. Heavy, even though Milwaukee says it's lightweight to reduce fatigue. Not compared to their other micro tool line. Weight sometimes equates to quality but not always.

Has a funny smell when it runs. Not like new tool smell more like swamp water smell. They way a tool smells to me means alot. What swamp water tells me I don't know

I passed it around today to a few strangers to get their opinion. Every single one put their finger in the cutter wheel and asked me what would happen if they turn it on. "Only one way to find out". Must be like when the waitress brings out your food and says "be careful with this plate it's very hot" what's the first thing you do?...touch the plate.

I suspect this thing would be able to rip the nail right off your finger before the right side of your brain tells your hand to let go of the switch.

The switch needs a safety. It's too easy to grab the trigger before your ready for the cut. Maybe I'll get used to it after a few more days.

It performed well. With the 14" lenth I was able to reach into tight corners over and behind a water heater I would never have gotten to with any other cutter.

I got it wet. I mean really wet. No effect on performance. Shook the water out and kept going

Over $400 dollar price tag and it didn't come with a spare blade. Looks like it takes a special Milwaukee blade. Even the cheapest cutter made in China comes with a spare blade. With this being the first tubing cutter made by Milwaukee maybe they didn't know. If this one breaks and I have to wait a week to get another blade I'm going to be pissed

Improvements that can be made:
                          (Ridgid are you listening?...you're next, right?)

Reduce the weight by at least a half pound
                          Add a safety for the trigger
                          Clearance to other objects is 1-1/2". Lower that to 1" and you've got a tool I'll use everywhere
                          Toss in a spare blade
                          Having it clipped to my belt would have been nice. Kept having to bend over and pick it up off the floor.
                          For those of us that ream our pipes a reamer would have been a nice feature also.

More updates as I find them..............
                          Last edited by plumberscrack; 11-12-2008, 08:46 PM.

Comment

I saw one for $199 in a sale flyer, you can keep it.

Comment

The reamer Crack...What are you looking for to make it part of the tool?
                              Thank you for the review.

Comment

Working...
                              X