Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stanley Virax

Originally posted by plumberjr View Post
    not to call you guys cheap, but its true-- viega and ridgid started it here together and they own the market--a local hack plumber installed a waterpark in the state with a crap rothencrap press(like jc's) and crap knockoff fittings--i believe hayward. when they turned on the water the day before opening up, they had 300 leaking and bad fittings--- i press everything i do and have never had a bad fitting , NEVER!!!!!! i only use RIDGID AND VIEGA--you cheapos keep using the crap and ill keep fixing it

i just dont understand why???? my reputation is on the line every fitting i press and every sewer i snake. i choose to keep my tools reliability in the hands of ridgid---because they dont let you down---try getting service on the other crap presses---my 320 press is 8 years old and has seen its better days--but still presses like a champ --just as well as my 330 and my compact. my reputation is very important--my clientsdont worry about me having to fix my tools in the driveway!!!!! i just dont know how you can be that much of a tightwad over a few hundred bucks---loosen and smarten up. i guess thats why i have over 20,000 customers in the database
    Easy to call someone else cheap when the $$ for your BEST and greateset tools doesnt come out of your pocket!! remember some of us have our OWN business where we have the money to spend on a luxury such as a propress!

Besides that is that 20,000 customers in your database or your BOSSES? Did you build your company up from the ground floor? From your previous posts i thought you were a manager at an ESTABLISHED company?

Comment

not to call you guys cheap, but its true-- viega and ridgid started it here together and they own the market--a local hack plumber installed a waterpark in the state with a crap rothencrap press(like jc's) and crap knockoff fittings--i believe hayward. when they turned on the water the day before opening up, they had 300 leaking and bad fittings--- i press everything i do and have never had a bad fitting , NEVER!!!!!! i only use RIDGID AND VIEGA--you cheapos keep using the crap and ill keep fixing it

i just dont understand why???? my reputation is on the line every fitting i press and every sewer i snake. i choose to keep my tools reliability in the hands of ridgid---because they dont let you down---try getting service on the other crap presses---my 320 press is 8 years old and has seen its better days--but still presses like a champ --just as well as my 330 and my compact. my reputation is very important--my clientsdont worry about me having to fix my tools in the driveway!!!!! i just dont know how you can be that much of a tightwad over a few hundred bucks---loosen and smarten up. i guess thats why i have over 20,000 customers in the database
      Interesting. Maybe the fittings were the weak link.

I haven't had 1 leak either. Not 1.

But I will gladly inform others if I do. I've also stated that if one were a heavy user it would probably be better to lean to the Ridgid line of Press Tools. As Ridgd Dave lists earlier, you have more cycles between recalibration. And as I have stated, they have more market penetration, (at least in the areas I know. And I'm pretty sure they have some influence where you are also) and a pretty good forum for questions/service.

If one only presses a fitting once in a while. It would seem to be a poor business decision to not consider all that's available to complete the job as recalibration, service, & downtime become a lesser factor. Seems like someone that began a company from nothing would immediately think of these things. Maybe not.

I can't recall "having to fix my tools in the driveway".

But I have heard of many that have had a broken Ridgid Seesnake Micro.
      Some have even had trouble with Ridgid Sump Pumps.
      I know of one person that has had their Ridgid MicroExplorer repaired-twice.

I don't think the three items listed were abused but I wasn't standing beside them either.

You may consider some a "tightwad over a few hundred bucks". What did I pay for the tool I own? Was there only a few hundred bucks difference?

Don't waste time searching for prices because you will come to an incorrect conclusion.

I've probably known hundreds of business owners and have never heard one of them speak in the manner that you do.

Do you own this business?
      Are you writing the checks for everything?
      Do you have 20,000 customers or does the business you work for have them?
      Do you have a database?

If yes to these questions I guess I can learn a new way that some business owners present themselves.

In conclusion, I think Ridgid ProPress tools are a great system that anyone looking for press tool should always have in their consideration.

J.C.

Comment

You have 20,000 customers?
        That article you showed me told me you are employed by someone else.

See you at the Roundup

Comment

i have 5 ridgid propress tools and i have personally paid for every one of them.

why 5

bought my first one 320 right off the trade show floor. bought my others online. i think i even nicked out bill / crack on ebay for my 400 electric unit.

you do need a combination of large and small 100 b to cover your bases. you also need a back up unit just in case you're doing a critical job and 1 goes down. and yes it has happened to me. the electric 400 is the bullet proof beast. and another 1 was a good buy/ investment.

i don't use all 5, but i always have 2 with me.

thank god i don't have to worry about 20,000 clients, but i do have to worry about 10-15 calls a day that come in even that is too many to handle.

so the tools that make the job go quick, allow me to take on larger and more difficult jobs by myself.

i have a hot return repair to do tomorrow along with jetting and camering a 60' sewer main with 40' of roots plus a couple of other jobs. if it wasn't for my propress, seesnake and specialty tools, i would probable only schedule 1 or 2 jobs.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

office boy----my tools come out of my budget, so i do pay for it and sorry, WE have 20,000 customers. for a self proclaimed genius that reinvented the r.p., you seem to be awfully mad about your stanley tools. i think your jealous of a good manager

Comment

I dont own the stanley virax, nor do i take offense to your comments about me, i do however take offense to you coming onto this board and calling my friends cheap and bragging about a business that is the greatest in the world, your head is full of all kinds of hot air and you really remind me of a highscholler that is so hung up on themselves, get over it, you dont impress me or anyone else here for that matter!

Comment

office boy----my tools come out of my budget, so i do pay for it and sorry, WE have 20,000 customers. for a self proclaimed genius that reinvented the r.p., you seem to be awfully mad about your stanley tools. i think your jealous of a good manager

Your not all that.

Not one man has Proven their loud mouth can keep up with their abilities to perform.More than likely I find it is the other way around.

How's the weather out there in Ohio in September?

Comment

It's OK jr we know you can't back it up...

Maybe you could spend a little time with senior and learn some manners?

Funny yet sad at the same time

Comment

What are your plans in Sept? Planning on coming to the roundup?
                    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                      What are your plans in Sept? Planning on coming to the roundup?
                      If his boss will let him take a vacation day.
                      Money is a little tight for employers.He might not want to jeopardize his place in the company.

Comment

Originally posted by wrench spinner
                        Jason are you really the plumbing manager, should we call you Tracy?

http://www.gogeisel.com/contact/Contact_Us.htm
                        How can you question someone's job description?That's pretty rude.

Companies have the same name for different areas inside of a division.

I knew a guy who had great reasponsibilities.
                        He managed all the 1/2" 90's.Not just copper either,galvanized and black as well.You may think it's easy,It's not,just ask him.

It was a big jump for him that year when they added brass to his line.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                          How can you question someone's job description?That's pretty rude.

Companies have the same name for different areas inside of a division.

I knew a guy who had great reasponsibilities.
                          He managed all the 1/2" 90's.Not just copper either,galvanized and black as well.You may think it's easy,It's not,just ask him.

It was a big jump for him that year when they added brass to his line.

LOL that sounds about right

Comment

Okay guys lets try to keep it respectful.

Thanks-Mark
                            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

From the article:

"The company’s senior managers include Walt Seidl, president and controller; Tracy Ellan, plumbing manager; Jason ********, plumbing service manager; and Jerry Meehan, installations manager."

Mark
                              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                                From the article:

"The company’s senior managers include Walt Seidl, president and controller; Tracy Ellan, plumbing manager; Jason ********, plumbing service manager; and Jerry Meehan, installations manager."

Mark
                                Not the owner?

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                                X