horizontal-doublewall-vaccum monitored oil tank

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• horizontal-doublewall-vaccum monitored oil tank

i've been given the task of installing one of these tanks.

guess what, first time for everything.

the new tank didn't come with any written info so i called the manufaturer. he e-mailed the exterior drawing to me, and it's all in french. i'm able to out most of the drawing but what i need info on is the interior of the tank.

the vaccum monitoring thing is also new to me.

any info would greatly appreciated.

Vince

i tried blowing through the bungs but i kept getting my lips suck to the tank.

Re: horizontal-doublewall-vaccum monitored oil tank

Regal??

Comment

Can you email me the instructions or send me a link? I have a friend who's french, maybe he could translate? Also check translation programs google.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonG View Post
        Regal??
        i believe regal makes one.

it was one of the links i found, however i can't find any interior drawings or even an explanation of the operation.

i tried to up load the drawing i got from the manufacturer, but the file is to big.

i might add that i'm not very computer literate.

Vince

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
          Can you email me the instructions or send me a link? I have a friend who's french, maybe he could translate? Also check translation programs google.
          it would be easier if i just took some pics of the tank.

i can translate most of the shop drawing.

i can e-mail the drawing gear, just pm me and it's done.

Vince

Comment

Re: horizontal-double-wall-vacuum monitored oil tank

never of a "vacuum monitored" double wall tank,
            off the Regal site http://208.66.254.34/cgi-bin/rt-prod...n=display&id=1
            Positive, Continuous Precision Leak Detection System Monitors the inner and outer tanks continuously for leaks. It also enhances the life of the tanks due to the oxygen free atmosphere the vacuum creates.
            Is the reason to use this type for the insulation value of a semi vacuum or just a convenient way to monitor it for leaks?

do you have to heat the oil tanks up there? to keep the oil flowing?
            when I worked in Montana the oil tank that feed the boilers for the compound had a heat loop in it to keep it fluid enough to keep it flowing in the cold.
            Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
            attributed to Samuel Johnson
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

i got it figured out.

this tank allows for easy inspection and spill containment.

it also allows for installation without a spill containment berm (up here anyways).

put in layman's term;

a tank that has a vaccum between the inside and outside walls. this is confirmed by the gauge in the secure box on top of the tank. the guage from the factory currently reads -16"/-17" of Hg.

the outer wall doesn't wrap completely around. more like 3/4 around minus the top. pic#11

the 3000lb 90 elbow (pic#8) is like a pop top on glass food jars that are vaccum packed. i think it's for a quick visual inspection. if it's popped up, then further inspection is required. the vaccum gauge would read 0"Hg.

the gauge is connected to the outer and inner walls via a strap or channel (pic#5 & #11).

the 1 1/2" bung on the bottom of the tank (pic#2) is a drain only as this is not gravity feed.

one of the manufacturers claims that oxidation can't occur because the air in not in the tank. i disagree. air will enter the tank ask the oil level drops. also, any condensation (H2O) will also contain O2.

i believe these are for commercial applications only because of the volume (environmental issues).

it's a very ingenious way of detecting leaks. any hole that forms on the inner wall is easily confirmed with the vaccum gauge. then the leak is contained in the outer wall. this supposed to allow the owner on the tank sufficient time to replace it.

thanks for the interest.

i learned something today, now i feel.......smarter.

Vince

we don't circulate the oil. maybe it's a higher grade of heating fuel??
              Attached Files

Comment

All that design and engineering for that tank won't mean squat when someone dings it with their bumper

Is that it's final resting place?

Where are the bollards?

Name:  fe92397fa3a537d3ad2c13cb69785584.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  2.7 KB

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                  All that design and engineering for that tank won't mean squat when someone dings it with their bumper

Is that it's final resting place?

Where are the bollards?

Name:  fe92397fa3a537d3ad2c13cb69785584.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  2.7 KB
                  yup that is the final resting place pc. the guy that's calling the shots says the bollards are to be installed this summer, along with the perminant pipe work.

Vince

Comment

Working...
                  X