X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rothenberger ROMAX

Has anyone used the Rothenberger ROMAX ProPress type tool? I like the apparent size and uses.

Thanks.

J.C.

Re: Rothenberger ROMAX

Hmmmmm, I don't know try the Rothenberger website. If you are looking for a cheap imitation, they have been great thorugh the years. I will not trust a fitting at 200 psi pressed with anything but my Propress 320E tool, I have had to fix many leaks due to other people using tools that just do not hold up over time, and are not consistently pressing the fitting.

But hey, save a few bucks, just hope you dont have a leak over a bunch of computer equipment 4 floors up.

Comment

Always looking to save a few bucks. I just like the design of the tool for use and getting into tight places. What it will do and what-say-a Ridgid 100B will do are on the same level at about the same price. So the Rothenberger ROMAX is therefore not a cheap alternative as you state.

What do you sale Marinerman?

J.C.
      Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 11-17-2008, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Marinerman? You there?

J.C.

Comment

Must be a RIDGID tool salesman.

J.C.

Comment

jc---you are on a ridgid site and fairly frequent here and seem pretty smart-----dont make a stupid pennypinching mistake like this you cheapo----buy the propress-----what are u thinking????

Comment

Originally posted by plumberjr View Post
              jc---you are on a ridgid site and fairly frequent here and seem pretty smart-----dont make a stupid pennypinching mistake like this you cheapo----buy the propress-----what are u thinking????
              No. Incorrect for me.

I look at ALL that's available for MY purposes.

For you and your company it may be a "stupid pennypinching mistake" to consider anything other than the company that's 10 minutes from you and sometimes gives you tools to try out for free.

But for me and my tiny company it would be a stupid business mistake to not take into consideration everything that's available to accomplish the task.

This is a RIDGID site. If it's incorrect for me to discuss any competitors products I invite anyone at RIDGID to respond to this post saying so. Publicly please.

Thanks.

J.C.
              Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 12-20-2008, 10:41 PM.

Comment

I bid on a ROMAX a few months back on Ebay. Someone sniped it from me at the last second I liked the slender design also. The gun shape of the Ridgid feels bulky in my petite hands

Comment

I bought a rothenberger supertronic 2000 threader with 1/2 to 2 die's
                  it works great.One of the local supply houses carries rothenberger but
                  I found it at toolup for 1200.00. I like how reverse goes three times as
                  fast so you get the machine off quicker.

Comment

I own the rothlenberger romax 1/2-2", and have used the ridgid (old style to 2") The ridgid machine is a touch faster, but what did it for me is the Roth. head swivels more (270* if I recall) than the old style...Talked to my Viega rep about fitting compatability and there is no problem. Last week he (Viega rep) showed me a Stanley(virax) press tool, that was apparantly even more bargain priced, and presses in a fraction of a second faster than the big ridgid tool, and the battery is the same as the battery in the ridgid compact press tool that I also own. My next add on will be the ring kit for my ridgid compact machine, sure could have used that last week.

Greg

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                      I bid on a ROMAX a few months back on Ebay. Someone sniped it from me at the last second I liked the slender design also. The gun shape of the Ridgid feels bulky in my petite hands
                      that was not me this time

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

I just wanted to chime in to talk about ProPress Rings. These accessories are only available for the RIDGID Press Tools and serve a very real need. Pressing requires the jaws to be able to access the press at a 90-degree angle regardless of what brand of tool you buy. In some cases, you can't do that, so you have to solder. UNLESS, of course, you have a set of RIDGID Propress Rings which allow you to make a press in all kinds of crazy directions.

RIDGID brought pressing to North America. We will continue to manufacture quality tools and accessories that solve real problems. Everyone else is just riding our wake!

Comment

Agreed. Those "swing rings" as I call them would work great to get in most positions a contractor would run into. $$$$$

Who brought pressing technology to Europe?

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                            Who brought pressing technology to Europe?

J.C.
                            My guess is that like alot of new technology we see in our field, it originated there.
                            West Trail Mechanical Ltd
                            Service. Commitment. Expertise.

www.westtrailmechanical.ca

Comment

Originally posted by bigPipe09 View Post
                              My guess is that like alot of new technology we see in our field, it originated there.
                              Sorry. I meant what company, patent, person?

Thanks.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                              X