Milwaukee 12 volt combo kit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milwaukee 12 volt combo kit

This could possibly be the wrong forum for this, but I figured more plumbers read this forum, so that's why I'm putting it here.

I purchased the 4 piece Milwaukee 12 volt combo kit from Fergusons the day after Thanksgiving. It came with the hackzall, copper tubing cutter, flashlight, and little drill. I swear this kit was made with a service plumber in mind.

The hackzall is an awesome tool. I have used it so many times since I got it, I wonder how I managed before without it. Since it is so small and has a shallow blade stroke, it fits in many places my DeWalt 18 volt sawzall does not.

I've used the PipeCat copper cutter, and that tool was garbage. Milwaukee got the copper cutter tool right. It is a fast cutter, doesn't leave a burr on the outside of the pipe, and as long as you hold the pipe still, it will not track on the pipe. I am a big fan of the phrase work smarter not harder, with this tool I can do just that. I don't know how much I will use it in the field, but I've used it for making up shower valves and similar things. I can't say enough good things about the tool.

The flashlight puts out a bright light, has decent battery life, and the head swivels for adjusting where the light shines when it is sitting on the floor. The 12 volt battery makes it much easier to throw in my small tool bag instead of dragging out one of my 18 volt DeWalt flashlights.

The little drill is the tool I have used the least. It is a very light drill, and it's small size lets it fit in tight places easily. For what it is, it does a good job.

I truly think every service plumber would be wise to pick up this tool kit.

Re: Milwaukee 12 volt combo kit

does the hackzall use standard sawzall blades?

i believe that there is a promo on that 4 pack that you can get a free impact driver

saw it at my supply house yesterday.

the impact is a better tool than the drill

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

The hackzall uses a short blade, but can also use normal sawzall blades.

I think the deal is you can get a free impact driver if you buy an 18 volt Milwaukee combo kit.

I agree that the impact driver would be much more useful then the standard screw gun.

Comment

Rick,I have seen a few guys using the impact cordless over the regular drill.What is the advantage?I have a DeWalt but it has yet to get my fingerprints on it.

Comment

if all you're doing is drilling holes, then the drill is fine.

but if you do screws, lags, nuts the impact is the way to go.

the drill will strip the head and doesn't have the low speed torque. since the impact driver will impact and not spin high speed, the head will not get stripped.

great for water heater straps out here. 1/4'' x 2'' self drilling lags.

also great for no hub bands with the right feel. then a 60inch# torque wrench to back it up

i have a set of 1/4'' drive drill bits and use them in my impact. i rarely bother with my cordless drill anymore.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
          X