X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ProPress underground

I had a recent remodel where the water would not quit draining for me to braze the joint. After receiving a letter from Viega, ProPress fittings are now approved for underground in our Jurisdiction. It wasn't my first choice but with Viega/Ridgid standing behind it, I will continue to install it when the need arises. Another great tool/fitting for a tough task.

Re: ProPress underground

thanks for the info.

i like your name.

Vince

welcome to the forum

Comment

I am also Joe the licened plumber. That is the main reason we bought a propress was for underslab work,and where we couldn't get the water off of us. In my jurisdiction, any underslab work is to be sil-phos,but our inspection dept. oked propress. I must say it is much quicker, and I haven't any problems yet.

Comment

Ridgid propress is the only way i join copper---i have not touched my torch in a lonnnnnggggg time

i press everything---even my steam boiler repairs are press---i stock more press than copper in my shop

Comment

i've used it underground, but not under a slab indoors.

not sure if it's legal here for underslab indoors.

i've had no problem with it in 1.25'' and smaller soft copper. ust need to get the copper round enough to slide on the fitting. fortunatly the propress has more play than a solder fitting and it's easier to fit up.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
          X