X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CT400 for $917?

Hey guys I've been trying to get the boss to buy us a propress tool. I was kinda leaning towards the ct400 just because I didn't need cordless, and I heard the ct400 is bulletproof. Although I do wish it had the jaws that swivel. I was in a local Grainger warehouse today and inquired about the 400. Needless to say, I was shocked when they said $917 for the 400 with 6 jaws. They said they only had 2 left. One was at a warehouse in Boulder, CO and one in West Virginia. I'm in Denver so they're gonna get me the one in Boulder.

Seems like too good a deal to pass up. Their online inventory now shows they have one left.

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/items/3AU82

Re: CT400 for $917?

great price and a bullet proof tool.

spend the saved money on the ridgid propress swivel jaws and you'll have a tool that will get into 95% of all locations. the jaws will allow for access to the pipe either straight perpendicular all the way to parallel.

great price for a great tool.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I picked it up today. I can't wait to use it. You're right, I really need to get those swivel jaws now.

Comment

So, the swivel jaws make almost as versatile as the 330?

Comment

it's a start.

the 400 weighs a ton and is bullet proof.

the 330 corded unit would be much more versatile as it's lighter, shorter and swivels. plus by the time you buy swivel jaws, you would already own the 330.

that's the one model i still don't own out of the 7 i do

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

So the 330 comes with the swivel jaws as I understand it then......sorry, long gap on this thread

Comment

the 330 has the swivel ram assembly. it rotates 270 degrees.

the propress rings are the ones that allow you to pivot the tool from parallel to perpendicular to the pipe.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

So there are special propress rings that pivot from perpendicular to parallel? Do those come with the 330 or are they separate?

Your comment above said that getting the CT-400 (at a good price) and then getting the pivoting jaws would be about as much as a new 330, is that correct?

Comment

Working...
                X