X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rigid 600 problems

I was in the middle of a freeze out pipe job and lsot the reverse on my Rigid 600 Threads fine in forward but wnen I went into reverse it hesitated like it was the switch and then nothing. Had to back off the die with a wrech for the rest of the job. Is there a site that you guys can refer to buy parts. I looked at the rigid breakdown on this machine and it just show the forward/reverse switch as a 115v or 220v switch. It's a 115v by the way. There was no indication of a forward/reverse switch. Am I on the right track? Or could it be in the trigger?

Re: Rigid 600 problems

I own 2 of these., Durn fine machines, from time to time I have to take my switches out of the threader and spray heavily with contact cleaner.It sounds to me that the switch may have gone to pot.With you having foward, but no reverse, it sounds like the switch has gone south.If it were mine I would apply contact cleaner, allow to dry, And reassemble. Hope everthing works for you.

Comment

Originally posted by JW3 View Post
      I own 2 of these., Durn fine machines, from time to time I have to take my switches out of the threader and spray heavily with contact cleaner.It sounds to me that the switch may have gone to pot.With you having foward, but no reverse, it sounds like the switch has gone south.If it were mine I would apply contact cleaner, allow to dry, And reassemble. Hope everthing works for you.
      Thanks I'll give it a try. Do you know where I can order a switch for this machine?

Comment

If none of your suppliers locally can obtain parts, then you can buy them online from ridgid. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
        X