X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any advice on the Ridgid crimp tools

I'm the newby on here so be nice to me . I have a Household Handyman business and do plumbing repairs. I have been using PVC, CPVC, and copper for years (work and now business) and now am watching plumber friends of mine do the PEX work. WOW! Looks easy huh? I want to do jobs right the first time, no returns as I guarantee my work-period. I really don't have the monies to invest in two, three, or more different sets of crimp tools. The multi-head sets do not look like what I want, not in tight places anyway, and the *-Bay store is not my thing for tools. My plumber friends do not recommend them. Does anyone have any experience with the new Ridgid crimp tools, particularly the Ridgid #23468 set that contains the 1/2" and 3/4" crimp tools? Any advice appreciated. Thanks, David
    Last edited by Thurman; 02-03-2009, 06:20 PM. Reason: sp errors

Re: Any advice on the Ridgid crimp tools

Big Jim--Excuse me Sir, I am licensed in three (3) counties here for "Specialty Trades Contractor". I have applied and am waiting on my testing dates for the GA. plumbing and electrical (restricted) license. The way the "laws" within my area work are that I can do the repair items but not new service on plumbing and electrical. As far as "affording those high-end professional tools", that's the only type tools I have bought in forty-two years and probably the reason I still have most of them. Thanks, David

Comment

Here most guys use the Wirsbo Pex with the plastic rings and expansion tool. The tool costs between $250 to $300 depending on where you buy it and comes with 1/2", 3/4" and 1" heads.

Comment

One of the major advantages to the Wirsbo pex / fitting system is their warranty policy. A plumber i know wrecked a brand new hardwood floor from a bursted 3/4" 90 installed a week prior. He cut the fitting out and sent it to Wirsbo - they deemed it a failed fitting and picked up the bill for a new floor.

As far as pex crimp tools go, i'd recommed the Mil3. Built to last and you can sneak them in just about anywhere.

Comment

Working...
        X