Propress Pex Jaw Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Propress Pex Jaw Question

On my propress pro flow jaws for viega pex, sometimes the fitting after being crimped has a little ridge on it that you can feel with your finger, as I look at the jaws (which are new) I notice all of them have movement up and down where they meet at the top which makes the ridge I am speaking of. I also have the generic pex jaws that do zurn or any other crimp ring style pex and they seem solid and don't leave the little ridge on them. My copper jaws don't do this either. Any Ideas? Or is this just normal?
    Seattle Drain Service

Re: Propress Pex Jaw Question

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
    On my propress pro flow jaws for viega pex, sometimes the fitting after being crimped has a little ridge on it that you can feel with your finger, as I look at the jaws (which are new) I notice all of them have movement up and down where they meet at the top which makes the ridge I am speaking of. I also have the generic pex jaws that do zurn or any other crimp ring style pex and they seem solid and don't leave the little ridge on them. My copper jaws don't do this either. Any Ideas? Or is this just normal?
    I have used different crimpers that will leave the dimple. No problems. Do they come with a gauge?

But I wouldn't listen to any plumber. I would contact the jaw/ring maker directly and have them send you something in writing that you can put in a drawer and save.

Here's my question. Why do they even make these jaws?

I did not go back and look up all the jaws this time. But I have looked them up in the past. The Pureflow jaws and the ASTM "generic" jaws are rated to do the same pipe. Viega's Pureflow UltraPex is even stamped with the ASTM.

So it appears they are making 2 separate jaws & ring systems to do the same thing. And the Pureflow jaws are for the silver ring. NOT the black looking copper ring with the ASTM rating available at alot of supply houses.

Why would they do this? Am I wrong?

J.C.

Comment

Seriously. Anyone? Do you see what I'm talking about?

J.C.

Comment

I have been wondering the same thing I think they bought out someone and are selling that copper ring system as well as their stainless press system. Why they need both who knows I think it just adds to more pex fitting confusion and there is already enough of that going on.
        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Working...
        X