X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Come There Is No Thread About Welding HDPE PIPE

I have been following this forum for a bit an have never seen any threads about welding LLDPE and HDPE pipe. What are your experiences with it as I don't get to physically weld as much as I used to and some times being an Inspector gets boring...

Re: How Come There Is No Thread About Welding HDPE PIPE

i've posted some photos about hdpe and butt fusion when i do trenchless sewer pipe bursting.

do a search for trenchless with my name and there should be some decent photos.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Cool Pics

Most of the stuff inspect is under landfills and some water pipelines. When I am at the landfills I also do the testing of the plastic liners. People would be suprised at the amount of work you have to do before you can throw a coffee cup away.

Comment

during the mid 80's i had the opportunity to butt fuse HDPE.

this was before certification was required.

i was told that the joint, if done properly is stronger than the pipe.

up here all of our sewer and water mains and services are HDPE.

pretty good stuff.

the last time i heard it was a $1000/ft to install.

pricey yes. but you won't have to worry about it in your life time.

Vince

Comment

Just joined the group and saw your post regarding landfills. How true you are about the amount of work that goes into liners and the soil beneath and the leachate lines.
          D.

Comment

G-Bye bricyist

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
              G-Bye bricyist
              Sorry it took me so long.

Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                Sorry it took me so long.

Mark
                What?
                Your right on schedule.Any sooner and I'd have no purpose here

Comment

I know this thread was about welding HDPE pipe, but landfills were mentioned and I'd like to pass this along. I'm visiting my daughter/family in Fairbanks, Alaska at this time and I've noticed one thing that is peculiar to me about garbage service here. All yard waste, leaves mainly, are bagged and placed right along with the garbage cans for pick-up. I have watched for two weeks now as the City trucks come along and physically throw these bags into the same container the household garbage goes into. I just had to watch this morning as the truck was coming along, and go outside (27 degrees) to ask about this. Yard waste is carried to the same dump site as household garbage, and just dumped out with everything else. Maybe it's odd to me as back home (Albany, Ga.) we cannot do this. Yard waste is picked up by separate trucks and enters an "inert landfill" for yard waste and certain construction debris, mainl wooden waste. Yet, Fairbanks is concerned about the life of their current landfill as it is gettting full. Yeh, I know, different parts of the country have different rules. But, up here they are so concientous about nature and not disturbing it. Just my thought, Thanks,David

Comment

We have the but machine, and the "welding" machine for HDPE. It has to be clean, clean, clean, and oh yeah it needs to be clean.

Comment

Has anyone had an inspector request your certification card? Not all of my people have cards that are current and I'm concerned that one of them is going to get caught and it will happen at a very compromising time (Murphy's Law).

Comment

For those who own a fusion rig, who among you charge a rental fee on the machine when in use? BTW: I do ($75/day)!

Comment

a $3,000. specialty machine gets billed out for.

the supply house charges $125 a day (butt) and you need a license to rent it. $75 a day socket fusion.

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

i did a search and came back with nothing at all---???????????? i tried it difft ways and nothing atall

Comment

Working...
                            X