X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• propressing with 1 hand

as you already know, i cut my finger the other day and have it in a splint to protect it while it mends

call came in sunday night and i looked at it with joey that night. monday morning i walked the job with the owner to discuss the options
    monday night i cut my finger just before i was going to start the job tuesday morning

of course work continues and having to do a re-pipe with a bum finger was not an issue thanks to my propress and a little help from a guy with not so clean hands

basically a 50' run of 3/4'' type l copper hanging 14' off the ground. with drops to 3 toilets and 3 sinks.

never took my torch out of the truck

used my propress 100b and swivel jaws for the tight spots.

no leaks and no scorched walls. job was finished and the tenants got their water back on. actually the main bathroom was finished the first day in 5 hours but not before 4 customers used the non flushing toilet with an out of order sign taped to the seat

not that you need to be disabled to use a propress, but a propress will make life easy.

notice some of the tight areas that needed to be connected.

rick.

Attached Files
    Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 05-14-2009, 03:30 AM.
    phoebe it is

Re: propressing with 1 hand

Now just imagine how nice it will be after you go get that new lighter RP210...(sorry if I ruined any surprises there Joey.) Hope your finger feels better. Work looks first class. Maybe we will tie a hand behind your back at the Roundup and see if the one-handed skills apply across product lines.

Comment

Originally posted by ProBrand View Post
      Now just imagine how nice it will be after you go get that new lighter RP210...(sorry if I ruined any surprises there Joey.) Hope your finger feels better. Work looks first class. Maybe we will tie a hand behind your back at the Roundup and see if the one-handed skills apply across product lines.

i think the other competitors will like that idea

i'll check it out this weekend

don't expect it to get back to ohio

too many toys, glad mark is bringing his truck, brenda her car, adam his truck and joeys k-60 mobile. we should have room for it all. imagine how much you'll save not having to ship all the toys back to ohio
      rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        [/b]

i think the other competitors will like that idea

i'll check it out this weekend

don't expect it to get back to ohio

too many toys, glad mark is bringing his truck, brenda her car, adam his truck and joeys k-60 mobile. we should have room for it all. imagine how much you'll save not having to ship all the toys back to ohio
        rick.
        Actually I am working just down the street from you tomorrow so Joey is riding with me.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ProBrand View Post
          Now just imagine how nice it will be after you go get that new lighter RP210...(sorry if I ruined any surprises there Joey.) .
          Nope. I do know of at least 2 things that Rick will be shopping for this weekend.
          I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
            Nope. I do know of at least 2 things that Rick will be shopping for this weekend.
            2 & 3?

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I have heard about the Propress but never have seen it in action so I watched the video. That is such a great tool, it's so quick and clean I don't need one but I want one.

Thanks for the pictures Rick.

Comment

Rick,

Nice work, You remind me of one of my old bosses, we used the sames exact copper clamps just like and he would never let us walk away until our work was shining.

He actually used to make us steel wool every fitting!

Nice work!!
                Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
                New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

So the customers aren't worried about someone taking all that copper off their wall?

I think Rick tagged the wall.
                  Last edited by EasyEman; 05-19-2009, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Is the building out of level or are the pipes just crooked?

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post

J.C.

they were straight as of the installation. the camera angle is toying with you

plus we've had a few earthquakes since sunday

as far as it getting stolen, the owner was going to paint the outside stuff. usually when it has water in it, they leave it alone since they're affraid to get wet

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post

J.C.
                        The building

My truck was too far away so Rick made a plumb Bob out of a padlock and string.

Comment

a padlock and a string. that should work if you can read the string. breid

Comment

Originally posted by DanLawrence View Post
                            I have heard about the Propress but never have seen it in action so I watched the video. That is such a great tool, it's so quick and clean I don't need one but I want one.
                            Me too! I may need one, for one job and a repair every now and then.

Comment

Look at this guy, running water lines on the outside of the building!
                              I can't help but envy you as I sit here, listening to a snowstorm outside before I go to work.

Comment

Working...
                              X