Gas Flex Connector?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas Flex Connector?

When replacing an appliance, do you always replace the present flex connector?

If a flex connector is looped, do you think a drip leg is necessary?

Wondering opinions as well as code.

J.C.

Re: Gas Flex Connector?

you mean like a dish washer?

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur96 View Post
      you mean like a dish washer?
      No. A flex connector is sometimes used at an appliance for the gas connection at the hard pipe or flared termination.

J.C.

Comment

yup yup i get ya i didnt read the "Gas" part at first. and yes i always change them with stoves and ovens and such. better safe than Exploded. as far as the drip leg i would hope that theres one in the cast pipe somplace if its not redily aparent on the outside of the wall. tell ya the truth unless its commercial i'd replace the flex just for my own mind and not look for more problems.
        Last edited by Arthur96; 05-14-2009, 11:27 PM.

Comment

some what off subject, but.

when I rebuilt my air compressor with a new two stage head I needed a flexible line for the line from the pump to the check valve to the tank, I used a gas flex connector, it has worked well now for a good number of years, and that is 175 psi, on it, and constant vibration, they seem to be well built items IMO,

I not auguring or any thing but they seem to be quality items, and designed to last,
          Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
          attributed to Samuel Johnson
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Hello buddy,
            I have no idea about this !

Comment

Working...
            X