Grizzly threader

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grizzly threader

Grizzly's woodworking tools are all pretty nice. But I stumbled upon this in the catalog a couple of days ago
    http://grizzly.com/products/G0579

it seems extraordinarily......Cheep
    No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Re: Grizzly threader

China.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

you know, thats kinda sad, I'd always made the assumption that grizzly tools were produced here in the US, but you are absolutely right.

from their site "We also have offices in Taiwan and China with our own quality control engineers that oversee the production of our equipment"
      No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Originally posted by MoJourneyman View Post
        you know, thats kinda sad, I'd always made the assumption that grizzly tools were produced here in the US, ....
        Actually, Grizzly doesn't have a factory of their own. All their tools are produced for them by outsourced factories. Grizzly basically buy, badges and sells tools that are made by others. The tools are made too Grizzly's specifications so they do have control as to how and what is used in the manufacturing process.
        ================================================== ====
        All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

well, that's something at least.

Comment

I have had this threader a few years. I would never buy it again! Ialso have other grizzley tools ,I like. I use a large metal band saw thats great. I now use a ridgid hand threader with
            the Griz rotating the pipe. I have always had a problem calibrating proper thread cut.
            Instructions stink! Suggest a used ridgid instead!
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Threaders: the cheap ones got me by until I could buy Ridgid.

Comment

Working...
              X