X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A tough one for the threading experts

I have been running a 1224 for over ten years with no problems. Recently the one inch dies have been putting out inconsistant, torn, and even crimped threads. 1 1/4" - 2" work just fine. Here is where it gets weird....A Rigid Compact 300 machine runs a perfect thread on the one inch pipe, and it's all the same brand of pipe. I have changed dies and cam plate. Finally got tired of it and bought a new die head. Still had the same problem. I am officially stumped!! Any ideas out there???
    Gotta go, I'm late for the weekly pig screwin'!!

Re: A tough one for the threading experts

I have had problems sometimes when cutting long pipe (full lengths) and not having it properly supported or the pipe jack too high or low, or cutting short nipples and maybe they were cocked just a little in the jaws. Might try closing the rear jaws (i'm sure you have, but just a thought).

I did run into a batch of pipe one time that had hard and soft spots in it and was a bear to thread.

G3

Comment

Re: A tough one for the threading experts

Originally posted by G3sprinklers View Post
      I have had problems sometimes when cutting long pipe (full lengths) and not having it properly supported or the pipe jack too high or low, or cutting short nipples and maybe they were cocked just a little in the jaws. Might try closing the rear jaws (i'm sure you have, but just a thought).

I did run into a batch of pipe one time that had hard and soft spots in it and was a bear to thread.

G3

That's exactly it. A properly set roller stand will solve your problems.

Comment

Working...
      X