PEX copper fittings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PEX copper fittings

Why don't they make more of these? With all the problems of dezincification, this seems like the logical solution. What am I missing?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: PEX copper fittings

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
    Why don't they make more of these? With all the problems of dezincification, this seems like the logical solution. What am I missing?

I'm gonna guess two to three times the cost

Sounds like a perfect solution to me, If they were something that my supply house stocked I would have the chance to use them more...

Comment

Elbows aren't that expensive, not sure about others:

http://www.siouxchief.com/Supply/Fit...EX/Elbow.59G9F

Comment

With Sioux Chief taking over Rehau I believe you will see a lot more copper fittings. The problem is mixing fittings with most brands of PEX will cut the warranty period way down.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
          With Sioux Chief taking over Rehau I believe you will see a lot more copper fittings. The problem is mixing fittings with most brands of PEX will cut the warranty period way down.

Mark
          I don't understand.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
            I don't understand.
            All mfgs. will make their fitting "proprietary" irregardless of approval rating.

Gives them an out if something goes wrong or a reason to void warranty in my opinion.

Honesty and ethics will leave quick when money and suits come around.

Fitting fails, refuse claim.

One of their fittings fail and another brands is in the system. Might say the other brand fitting affected their fitting. Right lawyer, could happen.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
              I don't understand.
              The majority of all PEX is manufactured to the same ASTM Standard meaning any PEX fitting made to those ASTM Standards are interchangeable. However, some PEX manufacturers cut the warranty dramatically unless you use their complete system including their fittings.

Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Got it

Comment

It's funny ...I keep hearing from our Friends in Florida saying that PEX is always used there because the water eats copper pipe fast (although in Toronto, I have seen 55 + year old houses with copper and no problems) ...so then going the copper joint method using PEX....funny all the joints will eventually leak and the PEX pipe is be just fine! hee-hee...

Comment

Originally posted by Chemeng View Post
                    It's funny ...I keep hearing from our Friends in Florida saying that PEX is always used there because the water eats copper pipe fast (although in Toronto, I have seen 55 + year old houses with copper and no problems) ...so then going the copper joint method using PEX....funny all the joints will eventually leak and the PEX pipe is be just fine! hee-hee...
                    Not necessarily.

http://www.uponor-usa.com/~/media/Files/Technical%20Documents/Commercial%20Related%20Docs/EP_LS_P022_1%2008.aspx?sc_lang=en

J.C.

Comment

Quest had non metal fittings that eventually turned brittle and would crack. I hope uponor figures out something better.
                      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
                      X