X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rescue Ricky

The hotel I've mentioned a couple of times popped another solder joint on the copper water system.Seams like 30-40% of all the fittings from 5" down to 2" are weeping.More than likely the installers were cooking the flux inside of the sockets thereby leaving voids with a cap around the top of the socket.
    Anywho,this time it was a 2-1/2"-90.
    Did I mention the pipe is type "M"....Unreameamed...With a 60GPM recirc pump burning the fittings out

Leak was above board rooms on second floor,ball valves leaking,200' of horizontal pipe that wouldn't drain so a valve,tee and drain had to be put in on first floor above executive offices.

A frigin' nightmare.

It all became SOOO easy at the very end when the fabricated sections were slid into place on both locations and Four couplings were pressed in with Plumber Ricks propress.

Thank You Rick
    Adam

Re: Rescue Ricky

And....

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
      And....

J.C.
      I'm sorry
      Rick wasn't actually there.Just his propress.If you'd like I can find some nice pictures of him somewhere on the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
        I'm sorry
        Rick wasn't actually there.Just his propress.If you'd like I can find some nice pictures of him somewhere on the forum.
        NOOOOOO!!!

I can't take anymore pictures of some dude in Peter Pan shoes grinning and eating ice cream.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
          I'm sorry

how about this one jc

i got plenty more if you like

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

is this the one you don't like

rick.
            Attached Files
            phoebe it is

Comment

I just ran 70' of 1" copper with 6 90º turns in the line and 3 couplings and a couple ball valves and a tee.. Oh and I branched this off a 1 ½" line. Used the propess on the whole job except where I went from the 1" to ¾" I sweated all the ¾" copper after i pro-pressed a 1" x ¾" coupling on the pipe, which was only 3 joints that needed sweating.

I did have one leak on one of my 1" 90º elbows It was a tight spot and when I pulled the trigger on the 330-B that I rented from Alan J Coleman the pipe slipped a little from the socket. Thank goodness for couplings *grins* The part that saved me was the ability to shut down the water heater, cut the 1 ½" pipe and press in the tee without having to drain down the whole system. Got the tee in with a ball valve in under 5 minutes and had the water turned back on.

I love the tool, just still can not afford to go out and buy it yet.

Just a note i was reading the specs on the 330B I have to go look outside and see what model Marv rented me. Its batteries are defiantly different and the kit online that includes the press tool and the jaws ½" to 2" only ways 54 pounds the unit I rented weighs 74 pounds. So its defiantly an older model but worked great still. One more thing is the barrel only rotated 90º on the tool I used instead of the 270º the one on the website shows.
              Last edited by SewerRatz; 10-16-2009, 01:02 AM. Reason: added a note about differences in the rented tool and the one advertised.
              Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
              A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
              Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
              Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

you rented the 320 b.

if you're interested in 1 i have 3 of those models.

plus 4 others.

plus the 2 i loaned adam.

did i tell you i love propress as much as my k-60

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                  you rented the 320 b.

if you're interested in 1 i have 3 of those models.

plus 4 others.

plus the 2 i loaned adam.

did i tell you i love propress as much as my k-60

rick.
                  All I can say is that 320 B was one heavy bugger, but worked great.

Hey Rick give me a ring tomorrow when you got some time I am heading to bed now I am so tired. I forgot to mention all this piping was up above ceiling tiles and very cramped spaces. Whole job took 8 hours, I know it would of been twice as long if I had to solder everything. Let me know who much you are looking to get for a unit.
                  Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                  A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                  Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                  Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                    I just ran 70' of 1" copper with 6 90º turns in the line and 3 couplings and a couple ball valves and a tee.. Oh and I branched this off a 1 ½" line. Used the propess on the whole job except where I went from the 1" to ¾" I sweated all the ¾" copper after i pro-pressed a 1" x ¾" coupling on the pipe, which was only 3 joints that needed sweating.

I did have one leak on one of my 1" 90º elbows It was a tight spot and when I pulled the trigger on the 330-B that I rented from Alan J Coleman the pipe slipped a little from the socket. Thank goodness for couplings *grins* The part that saved me was the ability to shut down the water heater, cut the 1 ½" pipe and press in the tee without having to drain down the whole system. Got the tee in with a ball valve in under 5 minutes and had the water turned back on.

I love the tool, just still can not afford to go out and buy it yet.

Just a note i was reading the specs on the 330B I have to go look outside and see what model Marv rented me. Its batteries are defiantly different and the kit online that includes the press tool and the jaws ½" to 2" only ways 54 pounds the unit I rented weighs 74 pounds. So its defiantly an older model but worked great still. One more thing is the barrel only rotated 90º on the tool I used instead of the 270º the one on the website shows.
                    What weighs 54lbs. & 74lbs.? Everything? Case, jaws, batteries, charger?

Thanks.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                      What weighs 54lbs. & 74lbs.? Everything? Case, jaws, batteries, charger?

Thanks.

J.C.
                      And case..yes,evryting

Comment

the array of jaws 1/2''- 2'' is the bulk of the weight.

original carry case was steel. new ones are plastic with better handles.

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Wow....I'm glad everything is all right.

When I saw the thread title, I thought maybe the Columbians or some other organization was holding him for ransom in some dark jungle/hideout.

I was about to suggest a rescue party but...................
                          I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Working...
                          X