X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RP 210-B Press Tool

I asked this question in a PM, then I realized just now the question and answer would benefit all. So here was the question asked.

Will the RP 210-B with the press ring kit do 1½" to 2" copper pipe?

I know the unit with the jaws it can only go up to 1¼" copper pipe. The main reason I am asking is I do not need a unit that can do the 3" and 4" pipes, and I like the weight and slimness of the RP 210-B.

Now if I can not do 1½" and 2" with the RP 210-B, will I be able to use the rings on the RP 330-C or B tool? I like the idea of being able to use them rings to do close quarters.

Thanks guys
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Re: RP 210-B Press Tool

The max capacity of the RP 210-B is 1-1/4" copper/stainless steel, regardless of whether you are using rings or jaws. If you are definitely going to be working with 2" fittings, you need the larger (higher force) standard press tool.

To utilize the rings with a RIDGID standard press tool (CT-400, RP 330 or 320-E), make sure that the ring kit you buy includes the correct actuator for these tools (V1 or V2 depending on the rings).

Hope this helps!

Comment

Originally posted by RIDGID Dave View Post
      The max capacity of the RP 210-B is 1-1/4" copper/stainless steel, regardless of whether you are using rings or jaws. If you are definitely going to be working with 2" fittings, you need the larger (higher force) standard press tool.

To utilize the rings with a RIDGID standard press tool (CT-400, RP 330 or 320-E), make sure that the ring kit you buy includes the correct actuator for these tools (V1 or V2 depending on the rings).

Hope this helps!
      Sure does, thank you. Since I do not do any new construction, and will always have electricity near by I am considering of getting the corded model.

Comment

Another questions, I have the 330B with jaws from 1/2"-4"

I want to get the 220B for my tankless installs, can I use the jaws 1/2"-11/4" that came with my 330B? I can use my swivel jaws also?

If so, what is the part number for just the gun, since this is all I need.....
        sigpic

Robert

Comment

Jaws for the Standard RP 330B are not compatible with the Compact 210-B (the barrel is different).

The 1/2" - 1-1/4" swivel rings will work with either tool, but you have to have the appropriate actuator for the tool you are using. The 210-B requires a C1 Actuator...

When you say "just the gun", I'm assuming you still want the case, batteries, charger, etc. The catalog number for an RP 210-B kit (with no jaws) is #31048. As I said earlier, however, the 330-B jaws you have aren't going to work with the 210-B. So use #31028 if you want the kit to include compact ProPress jaws for 1/2" - 1-1/4" copper/stainless steel.

Comment

Well my friends, I just got off the phone with Marv from Allan J Coleman. I was pricing out the 210-B compact, and he informed me he has an older model that uses the Mikita batteries, that he can let me have for a better deal than the newer one. So my question is, Is there a big difference from the older compact verses the newer 210-B compact other than the batteries?

Comment

size of the machine is smaller on the 210. and the 210 has a 270 degree swivel.

plus the service intervals are 20,000 to 32,000.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

to me the size difference is pretty significant. The old 100b is still a great tool though.

Oh yeah.. capacity is only up to 1" on the 100b as well.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. So the 100-B is not an option if it only does up to 1" unless he could give me a real good deal on it. I guess my best bet is the 330-C Marv said it will be a little cheaper for me than the 210-B but by only a few bucks. I am going to shoot over there in the morning and have a look at the units, if he gives me a real good deal on the 100_B then that will be my choice and I could always rent his big press tool for the larger jobs. But if he can not I may as well go with the corded model for less than the mini 210-B I will just deal with the largeness of the tool but will be able to do up to 2" also for tight quarters I get the swivel rings.

Sorry for the randomness of my thoughts here guys, just trying to figure best cost and use of tool ratio for my company.

Comment

http://www.brenelle.com/

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                      lol, my best friend said the same thing to me. Let me see you try and get a jet sweat in on a line that is running full force. The propress can press a valve on the pipe with water running through the pipe, and a whole lot quicker than you can cut a pipe slide on a valve and put in the jet sweat.

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                        lol, my best friend said the same thing to me. Let me see you try and get a jet sweat in on a line that is running full force. The propress can press a valve on the pipe with water running through the pipe, and a whole lot quicker than you can cut a pipe slide on a valve and put in the jet sweat.
                        Understood. Different tools for different people for different applications. I myself cannot justify the expense of a press tool and accessories at new cost or moderately discounted cost.

Also depends on what you might need to do at the end of the year.

They also make this for flowing water. http://www.brenelle.com/index.php?type=cat&kind=4

You could even make your own system with some pipes, rubber plugs, allthread and ingenuity.

Good luck with what works best for you.

J.C.

Comment

I like the quickness of the ProPress. Right afer I press the joint I can quickly close the valve. Where with the jet sweats there is the step of loosing up the jet sweat and pulling it out then closing the valve.

Cost is a big issue, that is why I am kicking around what each tool can do and the cost of the tool. In all reality the 100-B would do 90% of my jobs since its all ¾" and 1" copper. The other 10% is 1½" and 2". Saying that the 210-B just got ruled out since its advantage is it can goto 1¼" and I do not do much in that size at all. So the toss up is between the 100-B and the 330-C.

One other question I forgot to ask is ProPress ok to use on soft copper?

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                          Understood. Different tools for different people for different applications. I myself cannot justify the expense of a press tool and accessories at new cost or moderately discounted cost.

Also depends on what you might need to do at the end of the year.

They also make this for flowing water. http://www.brenelle.com/index.php?type=cat&kind=4

You could even make your own system with some pipes, rubber plugs, allthread and ingenuity.

Good luck with what works best for you.

J.C.

Comment

It is ok to use on some sizes of soft copper. Should be in the manual in the Press section of the Ridgid Tools website.

If I recall, it's not ok to use on ALL sizes of soft copper that it can do in hard copper.

Example: You can do a 2" hard copper press but I don't think a 2" soft copper press. 1.25" or 1.5" rings a bell for maximum soft size for some reason.

Check the manual though no matter what I say.

J.C.

Comment

Rick answers it here in Post 2 of this thread:

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26974

Check the Viega website too. Lots of useful information there. http://www.viega.net

Page 7 in this pdf. http://www.viega.net/xbcr/en-us/BR-PP-Pocket-0208.pdf

J.C.
                              Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 10-21-2009, 12:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X