X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rigid 300 paint

I just picked up a rigid 300 power drive for a really good price. It looks a little rough right now, (years of cutting oil and pipe dope buildup) but I'm cleaning it up and want to give it a fresh coat of paint. Does anyone know if I can buy original Rigid grey spray paint from a supplier or is there spray paint available from HD or Lowes that closely matches the original colour.....eg: Tremclad, Rustoleum, etc...?
    Thanks in advance for any help.

Re: Rigid 300 paint

When I called Ridgid they gave me both red and grey.
    All I remember is the red.. "Chevy Motor Red".Haven't needed the grey yet.

Guess that's why I forgot

Comment

Thanks drtyhands, that's one colour taken care of....does anyone else know what the grey is?

Comment

I was wondering if some of the Rigid reps on here might have some insight as to what colour the grey is. I was at "pipe tool supply" the other day ordering some replacement parts for my 300 rebuild project and they no loonger sell rigid spray paint. I was looking at a new 300 compact threader in the showroom and it appears that the newest coating is a powder coat, but hopefully there is still a spray paint available that is a close match.
        I'm not interested in fixing my threader up to sell, I simply wish to have it looking respectable on the jobsite......in its current condition I would be embarassed to take it off the truck!!! If I get a chance I'll post some before and after pictures when my rebuild is done.
        Love this forum sofar...lots of good information to read and lots of good people!

Randy

Comment

randy, you are correct. the ridgid stuff is powder coated now. some of us have had the opportunity to see it being done first hand

the stuff is tough and is chip proof.

try an epoxy silver or grey paint. it's pretty tough too.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

The closest paint out there that matches our gray/silver is Krylon pewter gray. Hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks for the information guys. Keep up the good work!
              Randy

Comment

Working...
              X