X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop me from buying Millwaukee!

I am just about to buy the millwaukee cordless tubing cutter and maybe the pvc cutter also but if Ridgid had something in the works I would of course wait and buy the Ridgid, I know there are times when it is being made that it can't be disclosed so a PM to me saying wait would work.
    Seattle Drain Service

Re: Stop me from buying Millwaukee!

cuda, the copper cutter is nice for fab work. but it's not near as fast as a #15 cutter. i own the milwaukee and i know how fast i can cut copper with it and a #15. the #15 is 1/8th the price and 2x faster.

it's actually nice in close quarters and has a nice led light built in if needed.

as far as the electric pvc cutter. you better be doing a lot of plastic pipe to make this pan out.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

maybe on one cut you maybe faster, what about after 30 cuts or at the end of the day? hmmmm i smell a video challenge going on.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

ben, tell you what. lets cut a 10' section of 3/4'' into 119- 1'' pieces and see who gets to eat ice cream faster

i know i won't run out of batteries, get stolen or break

i also know i will be on my 3rd ice cream cone before you finish.

now this will make for a fun challenge. i will supply the pipe and the tools.

you will supply the ice cream

mark and adam can officiate and film it too.

joey can root for you while i take you to the bank

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

i'll even do you one better, i'll take you one with 1 arm. question, do you have a milwaukee cutter because i don't? name your time.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I like how Rick still thinks he can cut pipe faster than the Milwaukee cutter

I was expecting Ridgid to expand their 12v lineup so I waited.....waited...waited some more......decided I had to get on with my life and make something of myself. Bought the Milwaukee 12volt.

Comment

We bought one for the shop just to see what it was like, and although it is much slower than cutting copper the old fashion way, it sure is handy in close quarters. Don't quote me but I think you only need a 1/2" clearance around the pipe.
              Plumbing shop supr.
              My plumbing hobby site - PlumbingHelp.ca

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                I like how Rick still thinks he can cut pipe faster than the Milwaukee cutter

I was expecting Ridgid to expand their 12v lineup so I waited.....waited...waited some more......decided I had to get on with my life and make something of myself. Bought the Milwaukee 12volt.
                bill, it will be a lot more than ice cream we'll be playing for in vegas

you up to the challenge too

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Makes no sense to me that Milwaukee was allowed to come out with a battery copper cutter and Ridgid didn't negotiate it for their lineup given the company's history.

Better luck on the next one.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                    i'll even do you one better, i'll take you one with 1 arm. question, do you have a milwaukee cutter because i don't? name your time.
                    ben, are you sure you can still grip the pipe at this time?

i do have the tool with plenty of batteries.

do you have my favorite ice cream

chocolate malted crunch

it's like taking candy from a baby

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

have you ever ran copper all day and went home and took a shower and your hands began to cramp up ? thats why i got the 12v tubing cutter !
                      i feel like wyatt erpp with a six shooter on my side.

Comment

Originally posted by leak1 View Post
                        have you ever ran copper all day and went home and took a shower and your hands began to cramp up ? thats why i got the 12v tubing cutter !
                        i feel like wyatt erpp with a six shooter on my side.
                        not exactly. i would routinly cut and install 400 angle stops a day and walk the units to check for leaks. cutting was the easy part. not scraping the knuckles on the wall or cabinets was another.

now if they make a battery operated angle stop wrench, then you have a product
                        a 15/16'' ratcheting electric gear driven wrench will do it. not too far off from the electric tubing cutter design.

fred, wyatt, steve, josh, renee, dave, kennia i have it figured out lets do lunch. call me

remember it's my idea and i want more than 1

rick.
                        Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 11-23-2009, 11:42 AM.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

i can grip the pipe just fine, what are you doing today?
                          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                            not exactly. i would routinly cut and install 400 angle stops a day and walk the units to check for leaks. cutting was the easy part. not scraping the knuckles on the wall or cabinets was another.

now if they make a battery operated angle stop wrench, then you have a product
                            a 15/16'' ratcheting electric gear driven wrench will do it. not too far off from the electric tubing cutter design.

fred, wyatt, steve, josh, renee, dave i have it figured out lets do lunch. call me

remember it's my idea and i want more than 1

rick.
                            Super Plumber to the rescue! That's a cut, cleaned, installed and checked for leaks stop every 1.2 minutes in 8 hours of contact time.

This includes gathering of anything and moving from room to room and floor to floor.

Fast. My hat's off to you there.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                              Super Plumber to the rescue! That's a cut, cleaned, installed and checked for leaks stop every 1.2 minutes in 8 hours of contact time.

This includes gathering of anything and moving from room to room and floor to floor.

Fast. My hat's off to you there.

J.C.
                              actually it's much faster than that, but i do stop for break and lunch.

typically it was 1 floor at a time and shutting a new building and draining to a lower floor was nothing more than a ball valve and an open hose bibb.

of course i perterred to get in before the cabinets. most cabinets didn't have a back, so this was not an issue. an estucion turned backwards cleaned the bullet in a mater of a couple seconds and my ratcheting 15/16'' angle stop wrench literally took seconds to tighten. 1.2 minutes is slow.

15 seconds is more like it when you're on a roll. it's been years since i've done production work, but i'm sure i can get a hot and cold lav and toilet angle stop done in under a minute.

i guess you don't remember my 66 seconds to cut, ream, and thread, and screw 1'' steel pipe by hand

rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                              X