X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: best tubing cutters?

I've used rothenbergers auto cut/gf thompson pipe slice (same thing). They work good in tight quarters. They also make a sanding tool like it. I saw a ridgid rep at my local wholesaler today and he told me rothenberger makes lenox cutters, interesting....

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
      Ordered a Reed TCQ2 this morning for 50.
      Got it 2 days ago and have been putting it through the paces. The construction seems sturdy enough but the finish was very dissapointing. The excess metal from the castings wasn't smoothed out but it cuts like my Ridgid did. Doubt it's fast enough to beat a milwaukee m12 tubing cutter.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I use a Ridgid 15 & 151.

I like these for small diameter tubing in tight spots.

James
        Attached Files

Comment

Ridgid 15's used to be all I used. Great cutters, but I hav been using my Lenox 21011 TC138 lately. They cut 1 1\4", have a better reamer, and have worked great for me for the last 3 years. I think I like them better than my 15's. They work alot better on Gastite too.

Comment

I still have a couple of "IMP cutters" (Imperial Tools). I still consider them the caddy of all tubing cutters

Comment

imho the best cutter depends on what situation you're in.

I like the rothenburger (spelling?). The wheels when they are new cut very quickly. (Too bad they don't last as long as the ridgid wheels.)

I find I use the general autocuts quite a bit these days but soft copper doesn't like them. Although, if you leave the hinge unsnapped and keep it partially closed you can get a few turns without crushing the soft. Then you can go to town. In tight spots.)

One problem I have with the Ridgid cutters is that they seem to start to track after I've dropped them a couple times. Then they're shot.
              Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Working...
              X