X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KEEP RIDGID White Thread Sealants!!!

RUMOR has it is that you are planning to discontinue the production and sales of you white pipe dope. I must tell you first that it is the best thread compound out there. It does not melt in the summer nor freeze in the winter. It is my recommended choice because it does not run or make a mess like other brands do. It has a very good and long shelf life as well. It stays creamy though the coldest of winters.
    The problem is finding your product. I have not seen it sold anywhere. I believe that if you push the marketing end of this product it will go far. There will be a great loss in the plumbing world if you discontinue your white thread sealant. I am hoping others will agree and share their input....

Re: KEEP RIDGID White Thread Sealants!!!

daffy i agree

it use to be sold at home depot. i don't see it anymore. i like the fact that it has a good consistency and not lumpy or chunky. it's also approved for plastics.

fortunately i was able to find a couple cans and use it on the special projects

not sure if ridgid actually makes the product or just licences the product.

the grey stuff is junk.

hopefully someone at ridgid will shed light on this.

morris, wyatt

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Rick if you need more give Marv a call, when I was there the other day returning his ProPress tool I noticed a bunch of cans on a shelf.

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      daffy i agree

it use to be sold at home depot. i don't see it anymore. i like the fact that it has a good consistency and not lumpy or chunky. it's also approved for plastics.

fortunately i was able to find a couple cans and use it on the special projects

not sure if ridgid actually makes the product or just licences the product.

the grey stuff is junk.

hopefully someone at ridgid will shed light on this.

morris, wyatt

rick.
      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

sounds good ron, but that's not the issue. is it discontinued or just hard to find?

was it not a profitable product or are there issues?

i don't want to have to buy my dope from a dealer in chicago

what's my postman going to think

what is the shelf life of a new sealed can?

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

At this point, we have no plans to discontinue the White Thread Sealant. We currently stock it in the 1/2 pint and 1 pint sizes. Cat numbers 84332 and 84337 respectively. Please contact your local supplier for assistance.

Comment

Did a Google search: http://www.google.com/search?source=...&aq=f&oq=&aqi=
            Last edited by ironranger; 01-19-2010, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X